Which of these casing should I pick?

Grumpvofr

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
I know there's a lot of really good cases out there that would fit my budget, but from where I live, choices are really limited.

Thermaltake V4 55 USD

LanCool K56 65 USD

Cooler Master Centurion 5 II 70 USD

I personally like CM the most but my friend said it's not a good case cause he said his cousin has a CM 690 II Advanced, he said it's not a good case.. I know 690 II =/= Centurion 5 II, but if 690 II, a more superior casing isnt a good case, then Centurion 5 II is probably worse. He prefer Thermaltake V4. I also like LanCool K56 because of it's tool-less design and cable management stuff, my PSU isn't modular so there's so much excess cords, but i read somewhere it doesnt have good airflow and the inside of the case get kinda hot.

Solution

Grumpvofr

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010

way over my budget. :|

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

If you get a cheap computer case you will regret it soon.

If you get a good computer case it will last you 5+ years and even more if it is a amazing case. *often past the computers life*

Of those three i would buy the Lancool.
I have a CM690II and it's a great case and i often recommend it in either version.Your friends cousin hasn't a clue what good is then.I'm basing this on cases i've owned and the 690II replaced an Antec 300 and is much better imo.I also have a 902.

Solution

Grumpvofr

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010

You have a good point and i could stretch my budget a bit but i feel like those cases are overkill for my system, my specs are low-end, MSI G31, Intel E2200, 9500GT, 2GB ram, and 4x hdd 2TB total.

thanks for your reply :D

Every Coolermaster case I ever bought had minor quality issues. None were serious or couldn't be easily fixed (like untapped screw holes), but I just got tired of it and have no plans to buy CM cases in the future.
I like some things about my RC-690, but will be replacing it this weekend because it "roars" when on, even though the fans are all low speed. I may remove most of the fans and re-use it some day, but my PC is in the living room and I want minimal noise.
I have only owned one Lian Li case, the PC-Q08R, but the quality is evident. I would not hesitate to buy another Lian Li.
Another company who makes very solid cases is Antec. SilentPCReview rates some of theirs very highly. The Sonata Elite is on my short list.

I have the Lancool Dragonlord K60. It is a high quality case. Ventilation, airflow, and cooling are excellent. The K60 has a few extra features that the K56 version does not. The most important difference is the K60 has extra exhaust fans on the top panel of the case. If you could afford to pay a little more, then consider the K60.