Sign in with
Your question
Solved

AMD stock heatsink problems

Last response: in CPUs
November 13, 2010 5:13:51 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to install a stock heatsink fan for my AMD Phenom II X6 1090T on a ASRock 870 Extreme3 mobo.

I'm following the directions (which are just images) that came with it, and the last step is to apparently tighten it down by turning the lever all the way to the right. About half way there it gets extremely hard to turn, and I'm afraid I'm about to break something.

Is this normal? What should I do?

Thanks!

- Jen

Best solution

November 13, 2010 6:08:55 AM

jennifer2010 said:
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to install a stock heatsink fan for my AMD Phenom II X6 1090T on a ASRock 870 Extreme3 mobo.

I'm following the directions (which are just images) that came with it, and the last step is to apparently tighten it down by turning the lever all the way to the right. About half way there it gets extremely hard to turn, and I'm afraid I'm about to break something.

Is this normal? What should I do?

Thanks!

- Jen

Its normal, it should get tight at around the 50% mark, just push it over completly.

I just installed my 1055 today, and we should have the same fan, as long as it it properly seated, the latches are connected on both sides, all you need to so tighten the lever.
November 13, 2010 6:23:01 AM

Best answer selected by Jennifer2010.
m
l
November 13, 2010 6:23:22 AM

vilenjan said:
Its normal, it should get tight at around the 50% mark, just push it over completly.

I just installed my 1055 today, and we should have the same fan, as long as it it properly seated, the latches are connected on both sides, all you need to so tighten the lever.

Thanks. Got it working!
m
l
!