Do I need to install Odyssey Cline for wireless networking..

Hi

Just managed to get a brand new W200 WiFi adapter for my Compaq Evo N410C of
ebay and it is working fine.

However in addition to the driver software there is another CD called
Odyssey Client for HP. This is also available from the N410C driver
downloads page on Hp's site.

So my question is what is this Odyssey Client. Do I need to install it over
and above the basic client that is built into the driver, bearing in mind
that the connectionto the internet works? Or does this provide me with some
additional functionality? Will it assist with home networking / filesharing
/ printer sharing etc?

Or should I just leave well alone and stick with the standard Compaq client?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

Duncan
1 answer Last reply
More about install odyssey cline wireless networking

    DeeBee wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Just managed to get a brand new W200 WiFi adapter for my Compaq Evo
    > N410C of ebay and it is working fine.
    >
    > However in addition to the driver software there is another CD called
    > Odyssey Client for HP. This is also available from the N410C driver
    > downloads page on Hp's site.
    >
    > So my question is what is this Odyssey Client. Do I need to install
    > it over and above the basic client that is built into the driver,
    > bearing in mind that the connectionto the internet works? Or does
    > this provide me with some additional functionality? Will it assist
    > with home networking / filesharing / printer sharing etc?
    >
    > Or should I just leave well alone and stick with the standard Compaq
    > client?
    > Any advice greatly appreciated
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Duncan

    If using Windows XP, use XP's Wireless Zero Configuration service for
    managing your wireless. No other client is needed and only one manager
    should be running at any given time. Do no install the HP client unless
    you find that there are problems with WZC.

Hewlett Packard Laptops