Sign in with
Your question

9600GT SLI or new single card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 21, 2010 4:47:00 PM

Hi guys,

Considering a new rebuild for my PC - well almost complete.

I plan on going with a 1055t CPU and new motherboard, along with new RAM etc.

I currently have a 9600gt and was wondering would it be worth while for me to pick up another one of these cards (now cheap on ebay etc) or do i upgrade and get a standalone card. Apologies if this is a daft question, i just wondered. Obviously i would need an AM3 board that supported SLI.

Was looking at maybe getting a GTX460 1GB.

What you guys think?

I generally use the PC for CAD and light gaming, but plan on doing a fair bit more gmaing during the Summer. I use REVIT 2011 for work and do alot of work at home. REVIT is CPU intensive but dont think its GPU intensive.

Really struggling to find a 24" that i like. Considering getting the DELL U2711.....and nothing else seems to compare. Any one any ideas on a decent screen that i could use a 24" combo? I owuld be buying two....or maybe would i better off keeping my existing 19" as my second monitor and just buying one new 24"?

Thanks

More about : 9600gt sli single card

a b U Graphics card
July 21, 2010 5:00:36 PM

As for sli9600Gt vs a new single card, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the purchase of a new card. If you were to get a GTX460, you could try using the 9600GT as a dedicated PhysX card.
m
l
July 21, 2010 5:17:25 PM

okay, thats good advice.

i could always leave my system as it is and then if needs be i could use it to complete renderings etc for CAD software.

thanks for the advice.
m
l
!