I am using PowerDesk instead of Windows Explorer but I understand this
procedure has to be accomplished through Windows Explorer. My right click
SendTo-Desktop has gone missing. I have looked in the SendTo folders, I have
two of them, one in Default User and one in my name, they both have a
'desktop.ini' file in them of different sizes. What is the problem? Why is
there no option to SendTo-Desktop?

Regards,

Peter Ledden

Try this...

Start | Run | Type: sendto | Click OK |
When the window opens | Right click in the right hand pane |
New | Shortcut | Browse button | click the Desktop icon | OK |
Next button | Type: Desktop (create shortcut) | Finish button

Send To Desktop (create shortcut) command does nothing
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/desktopshortcut.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%234ujLjfcFHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Peter Ledden <peter.leddenNOSPAM@planet-web.com.au> hunted and pecked:
> I am using PowerDesk instead of Windows Explorer but I understand this
> procedure has to be accomplished through Windows Explorer. My right click
> SendTo-Desktop has gone missing. I have looked in the SendTo folders, I
> have two of them, one in Default User and one in my name, they both have a
> 'desktop.ini' file in them of different sizes. What is the problem? Why is
> there no option to SendTo-Desktop?
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter Ledden

Thank you for your trouble, works perfectly. I wonder where the previous one
went?

Regards,

Peter Ledden

> Try this...
>
> Start | Run | Type: sendto | Click OK |
> When the window opens | Right click in the right hand pane |
> New | Shortcut | Browse button | click the Desktop icon | OK |
> Next button | Type: Desktop (create shortcut) | Finish button
>
> Send To Desktop (create shortcut) command does nothing
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/desktopshortcut.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:%234ujLjfcFHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> Peter Ledden <peter.leddenNOSPAM@planet-web.com.au> hunted and pecked:
>> I am using PowerDesk instead of Windows Explorer but I understand this
>> procedure has to be accomplished through Windows Explorer. My right click
>> SendTo-Desktop has gone missing. I have looked in the SendTo folders, I
>> have two of them, one in Default User and one in my name, they both have
>> 'desktop.ini' file in them of different sizes. What is the problem? Why
>> is
>> there no option to SendTo-Desktop?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Peter Ledden

Peter,

Such are the mysteries of Windows.

As Uncle Bob said, "Workin' on mysteries without any clues".

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User