GA-870a-ud3 not detecting any of my drives

JimJesus

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Hello, I recently purchased a new gigabyte motherboard of the model listed in the title. However, when I boot, it doesn't detect any of my HDDs or ODDs. One of the HDDs and one of the odds are connected by the old IDE ribbion. I have my HDD set as master and my odd set as slave. I also have 2 SATA HDDs and 1 SATA ODD that are also not being detected. The motherboard does POST and correctly detects my processor and RAM if that's any help. Anyone seen this issue before or know what to do?

Currently installed are:
AMD Phenom II x6
16GB G-Skill Ram
Radeon HD 4650
X-Fi soundblaster
Netgear wireless N card
2x SATA HDD
1x SATA ODD
1x IDE HDD
1x IDE ODD
850-watt power supply

JimJesus

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
I'm not having a problem with the OS seeing the drives, I'm having a problem with the motherboard not seeing them. In the POST message it says none for all the IDE channels. I have the onChip SATA controllers enabled. Also my CD drives won't open and they don't light up at all. I've tried different combinations of things plugged in. I've tried only SATA devices as well as only IDE devices. I've tried just one of the hard drives and nothing seems to work. Seems like it would be strange that everything on the board works except SATA and IDE devices/controllers