asp.net machine account problem...

my com has 2 accounts, my own and the asp.net account installed by microsoft
..net 1.1 framework...i accidentally set the asp.net account to administrator
and my own default account as limited...so when i logged off and logged in
again...i can only access my default account, which is a limited account. so
how do i change my account back to administrator??
3 answers Last reply
More about machine account problem

    mercurial wrote:

    > my com has 2 accounts, my own and the asp.net account installed by microsoft
    > .net 1.1 framework...i accidentally set the asp.net account to administrator
    > and my own default account as limited...so when i logged off and logged in
    > again...i can only access my default account, which is a limited account. so
    > how do i change my account back to administrator??
    Hi,

    Log on with the builtin Administrator user:

    How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
    Password Expires
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305

    If you have a password issue, you might try to reset the local
    Administrator password with one of the methods mentioned here
    (you might need to create the boot cd/floppy on another computer):

    http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

    http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    "Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" wrote:

    > mercurial wrote:
    >
    > > my com has 2 accounts, my own and the asp.net account installed by microsoft
    > > .net 1.1 framework...i accidentally set the asp.net account to administrator
    > > and my own default account as limited...so when i logged off and logged in
    > > again...i can only access my default account, which is a limited account. so
    > > how do i change my account back to administrator??
    > Hi,
    >
    > Log on with the builtin Administrator user:
    >
    > How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
    > Password Expires
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305
    >

    > If you have a password issue, you might try to reset the local
    > Administrator password with one of the methods mentioned here
    > (you might need to create the boot cd/floppy on another computer):
    >
    > http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password
    >
    > http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

    > the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    before i changed my administrator account into limited, i only saw 3
    accounts, one was my own administrator account, one a guest account (which
    was off), and the other a password-protected ASP.NET MACHINE account, and
    according to wad i have read, it only comes out after i installed the
    microsoft .net framework. and i accidentally set the administrative rights on
    this asp.net account...but i don't think i saw any built in admin user

    mercurial wrote:

    > "Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" wrote:
    >>mercurial wrote:
    >>
    >>>my com has 2 accounts, my own and the asp.net account installed by microsoft
    >>>.net 1.1 framework...i accidentally set the asp.net account to administrator
    >>>and my own default account as limited...so when i logged off and logged in
    >>>again...i can only access my default account, which is a limited account. so
    >>>how do i change my account back to administrator??
    >>
    >>Log on with the builtin Administrator user:
    >>
    >>How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
    >>Password Expires
    >>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305
    >>

    >>If you have a password issue, you might try to reset the local
    >>Administrator password with one of the methods mentioned here
    >>(you might need to create the boot cd/floppy on another computer):
    >>
    >>http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password
    >>
    >>http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm
    >
    > before i changed my administrator account into limited, i only saw 3
    > accounts, one was my own administrator account, one a guest account (which
    > was off), and the other a password-protected ASP.NET MACHINE account, and
    > according to wad i have read, it only comes out after i installed the
    > microsoft .net framework. and i accidentally set the administrative rights on
    > this asp.net account...but i don't think i saw any built in admin user
    Hi,

    It is present (it is impossible to delete the builtin Administrator
    account). At least for WinXP Home, I think you need to boot into
    Safe Mode to see/use it.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Configuration Default Microsoft Windows XP