Sign in with
Your question

Blank screen after boot/loading screen help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 21, 2010 9:42:41 PM

I installed a new video card (RADEON HD5450) and get a blank screen with a "input not supported" msg after I see a boot and windows loading screen. I have an integrated video card with no prior video card installed into the empty PCI-E slot. I looked around but couldn't find a solution.

I have a;
Lenovo 3000 H210 (less than 1 year old)
PSU 550
INTEGRATED video card (with no apparent physical disable switch)

There was no option to disable the integrated video card under the BIOS. But when I connect the video card the options change There were only two options "PCI/PGE" & "PGE/PCI".

When I installed the new card I changed the video settings in the BIOS to "PGE/PCI". I connected the VGA cable to the new card and got the blank screen after loading and boot screens.

I tried another monitor but same problem.

I disconnected the new video card and connected the VGA cable back into the integrated video card and everything works fine. So I try installing the drivers for the new video card. I reconnect the new video card and still the same problem.

Can anyone Help? Please?
a c 153 U Graphics card
July 21, 2010 9:45:37 PM

Did you try the "PCI/PGE" setting, while I'm not SURE what it is in your BIOS, it sounds more like the option you should be picking.....
July 21, 2010 10:06:03 PM

Really I thought PGE was PCI-E which I have ... but I will try it.

I also tried it in safe mode but still same problem.

I also tried disabling the integrated card through the device manager but that didn't work either, same problem. It was interesting though when I disabled the integrated card I got the same "input not supported" msg from my monitor floating around but I could still see and use windows in the background although at a different resolution ...
Related resources
July 21, 2010 10:18:42 PM

Helltech said:
Did you try the "PCI/PGE" setting, while I'm not SURE what it is in your BIOS, it sounds more like the option you should be picking.....

Sadly it didn't work.
July 22, 2010 1:11:34 AM

YES! got it to work!. Nothing more satisfying than solving a problem =D

Well anyways for future ref if anyone else stumbles into the same problem. It was the resolution that either my video card (RADEON HD5450) or monitor (ASUS H233H) most likely video card couldn't handle.

After disabling the integrated card through the device manager windows changed the resolution. So I changed it to something safe 800 x 600 and shutdown. Then I installed the new video card and it worked!.
!