Usb transfer problems-getting stuck..help

scopus

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
hi everyone for past week or so, on my desktop computer, whenever i try to transfer files onto a usb flash drive gets stuck and the transfer just hangs. Computer isnt stuck, just the transfer. And this happens when transfering files to the usb drive, not from the the usb drive onto the computer. Do sometimes have success transfering small files,a few megabytes, but larger transfers no luck. tried different usb slots on the motherboard, diff usb stick, same problem/ ..

ne ideas?
thnks

gigabyte x58-ud4
i7-920 overclocked to 3.8
12gb ocz gold 1333
win7 64 bit

scopus

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
i formated the flash drive, and then tried different flash drives with same problem, so must be something wrong with the computer. on the computer tried diff usb slots, transfering from different hd's...same problem :??:

scopus

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
no tried different files same problem, just very small files will sometimes transfer without getting stuck, but all large files get stuck. Also tryed from another HD in the computer same problem

scopus

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
thnks for replys, well i did somemore testing, safe mode same issue. Dont have antivirus on the computer, dont think possible to b viruses,drivers...since i have 3 other hd's in the system and same problem when transfering from all of them, thoughts?