Random disconnecting devices

Gemathed

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
First off, I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section. If it is, please move it.

I'm rushing into this topic because my comp may screw me over any second.

Recently my computer has been having some trouble. Whether I'm playing a game or sitting at desktop, all the devices connected to my computer (usb keyboard/mouse, monitor) will disconnect(lose signal).

(EDIT) I forgot to mention. The computer itself stays ON when this happens. I've tried unplugging and replugging things like the mouse and monitor, but nothing happens. At first I had to hit the reset button to get my comp to do anything, but lately I've had to cut the actual power to the computer(the switch located at the powersupply).

(EDIT2) Last night I was playing some games and on the Internet and had no troubles for a span of maybe 3ish hours.
Today I tried to turn on my computer and none of the devices connected. The fans also spin for a second then stop. The CPU, GPU, and PSU fans start and continue to spin though.

(EDIT3) I made edit #2 this morning, when my computer was doing the whole "fans starting to spin then stopping" thing. I have now come home from work, and my computer turns on and has been running fine for a good hour+. If it isn't clear already, the problem seems to occur randomly, and I can't make any logical guess as to when my computer will work or not.

Specs -
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 940 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM (2 2GB sticks Gskill)
Hard Drive: 250GB + 750GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Monitor: 47" LCD TV
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output
Speakers/Headphones: Panasonic 5.1 Surround Sound
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Motherboard: ASUS M3A78-EM
Computer Case:
Coolermaster CM 690 Mid Tower Black ATX Case
Power Supply: 600w Cooler Master

Is my PSU dieing? Is my motherboard starting to go?

Any help would be appreciated, and I'll supply any needed info or whatever.