dave david

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Hello,
my geforce 4 mx 4000 works well but does not play some modern games. i researched and found out it lacks a good pixel shader. most present games require pixek shader 2.0 at least to run. So i think Nvidia shud design a software renderer to help us or totally scrap the geforce 4 mx 4000 card.

dud, the Geforce 4 is old, you have no support if you want modern games you need a new GPU and why should NV try and make a SW emulator to try to run GOU code on the cpu, it would be way to slow

my guess is you don't need just a new card, you need a whole new system, as if it's anything from that era it would be too slow to run even with a top of the line GPU

though post full system specs so we know what they are

dave david

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Thanks for d info.

Alrite , i checked. Most modern graphics cards are made for PCI Express slots. Is there anyway a PCI Express card could work with an AGP slot, maybe with expansion slots?
Also which are d best available AGP cards by Nvidia and ATI in terms of performance?

U also asked for my system specs:-

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DAVE-7
System Manufacturer MTM
System Model 865G-G7
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~3057 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~3057 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 31/10/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.2
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

RAM 1GB
DirectX Version 9.0c

Buy a HD 4670 that has an AGP interface:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=+600007850&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&IsNodeId=1&Subcategory=-1&description=hd+4670&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

They are kinda of expensive because of low production, but they are probably the fastest AGP cards you can buy new.