USB 2.0 upgrade recommendations, dvd burner, and external ..

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
December 11, 2004 12:40:04 PM

Guy, if your out for a DVD burner, what would you buy. I saw a HP burner at
Wal-Mart for $170 or so. When Wal-Mart has it, I should too

And I've been listening to MP3's on the ThinkPad thru my Labtec 2.1 low end.
Recommend a good external USB sound card and good powered speakers. Yes
home use. $500 should do it or you tell me.
December 11, 2004 9:28:39 PM

Kevin <replytonewsgroup@oraskforemailaddress.com> wrote:
: Guy, if your out for a DVD burner, what would you buy. I saw a HP burner at
: Wal-Mart for $170 or so. When Wal-Mart has it, I should too

Get a USB 2.0 enclosure (about $30), then buy any internal DVD burner
you want. It's the equivalent of an internal drive (one exception:
you can't upgrade your BIOS that way, whereas some of the external USB
burners do allow you to do that.) When the next technology comes out
in a year, you can buy another internal burner and replace the one in
your enclosure.

I've seen 16X DVD burners in the $80 range.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----