Tags:
  • SSD
  • Games
  • Hard Drives
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
November 30, 2012 3:34:51 AM

Hello all

I am looking for an older, cheaper model SSD. I already have a SSD (packed with my OS and some games :cry:  ) and a HDD, but I would like anther one for my other games.
I just need something cheap that's faster than a hard drive and I don't need huge capacity. Any ideas?

More about : older ssd

November 30, 2012 4:29:45 AM

Any one?
m
l
November 30, 2012 4:52:02 AM

I would just get a modern SSD, they are much more reliable and I know that you are just storing your games but it is a waste of money to get a drive with a good chance it will fail. Just wait for a good deal on a modern SSD like a vertex 4 or a corsair force 3.
m
l
Related resources
November 30, 2012 5:21:21 AM

I feel your pain. If you don't want to pay money for a new SSD then the solution is simple. Move the games you don't play anymore over to your HDD. They won't be uninstalled they will simply load slower.

I used to have SC2 and BF3 on my 120gb Intel SSD and it had 8gbs left along with Win 7 on it. I didn't want to pay 100 bucks or more for a bigger SSD when my drive is fairly new. So I sacrified my speed and moved SC2 over to my HDD and kept BF3 on the SSD. Now with 17gbs I am happy for the most part.
m
l
November 30, 2012 2:06:32 PM

I get what you people are saying, but are there any older brands of SSDs?
Like ocz2 and Plextor m3 (I dont know any others, thats why i'm asking you guys.)
So are all these older drives just garbage?
m
l
November 30, 2012 11:49:50 PM

doughnuts said:
I get what you people are saying, but are there any older brands of SSDs?
Like ocz2 and Plextor m3 (I dont know any others, thats why i'm asking you guys.)
So are all these older drives just garbage?

They have high fail rates.. not worth the risk.. just get a new one.
m
l
!