hawking router does not connect to internet

partha2

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
Hello,

My internet connection works fine when I directly connect to the modem with a cable.

But for wireless connection when I use a Hawking router the internet connection becomes "Local only"!!

G

Have you reset (power cycled) the router and modem as per instructions. Can you connect to internet if you use a wired connection between the router and the computer. If that's okay, it may be a wireless issue.

Suggest you consult the router's setup instructions (or download full manual from maker's site). Maybe a reception or interference issue, though wireless security should be disabled temporarily while troubleshooting.

partha2

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
Have you reset (power cycled) the router and modem as per instructions. Can you connect to internet if you use a wired connection between the router and the computer. If that's okay, it may be a wireless issue.

Suggest you consult the router's setup instructions (or download full manual from maker's site). Maybe a reception or interference issue, though wireless security should be disabled temporarily while troubleshooting.

partha2

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
Hi, thanks for your message. I indeed followed the usual procedure (resetting etc). Nothing worked. The wired connection through the router also didn't work. The connection came back all of a sudden for a few minutes before it went off again. It was being used for more than two years. Following my friend's (who claimed such issues are standard) suggestion I replaced it with a new one.