• Core
  • Intel i7
  • Motherboards
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
August 26, 2010 8:03:42 AM

Hello,
I want to assemble a top performance i7 core computer with Abit or ASUS motherboards and 8 GB of Ram with the latest i7 core technology. What specifications do you suggest?

More about : motherboard

a b V Motherboard
August 26, 2010 12:07:22 PM

I agree, you only need 6GB, and with the i7-930, you'll get Triple Channel instead of Dual Channel.

What else do you need/are you looking for?
m
l
Related resources
September 3, 2010 5:58:54 AM

hell_storm2004 said:
i7 930 should be good.
For motherboard,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

But i like this one better from Gigabyte:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

A bit more expensive though.
8GB of RAM is bit too much, 6GB is fine. Get GSkill CL6 RAM's.

What have you decided till now? And your budget?

Hi. Thank you very much for the suggestion. I have decided on Aus 6ptse or Rampage III, 6 GB of corsair dominator GT ram, i7 core 930, 1 TB Hitachi HDD 64 MB, Pioneer DVD-RW, Asus 5750 formula 1GB VGA, and Creative fatality Sound Card.
All the best wishes
m
l
September 3, 2010 6:01:15 AM

boiler1990 said:
I agree, you only need 6GB, and with the i7-930, you'll get Triple Channel instead of Dual Channel.

What else do you need/are you looking for?

Hi. Thank you very much for the suggestion. I have decided on Aus 6ptse or Rampage III, 6 GB of corsair dominator GT ram, i7 core 930, 1 TB Hitachi HDD 64 MB, Pioneer DVD-RW, Asus 5750 formula 1GB VGA, and Creative fatality Sound Card.
All the best wishes
m
l
September 3, 2010 6:02:15 AM

What about Asus p7p55d-E pro?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 3, 2010 11:52:03 AM

The Asus p7p55d-e pro is a P55 chipset for the LGA 1156 socket CPUs. The i7-930 is part of the highest end series of i7s that uses the LGA 1366 socket and the X58 chipset.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 3, 2010 1:03:00 PM

nodushan said:
What about Asus p7p55d-E pro?

That is on a different platform. Wont work for you. I agree with batuchka. All the works and a puny GPU. You wont be gaming or what?

When you are searching in newegg... look for X58 boards only. They are the one's you need.

Somehow in recent times Gigabyte boards have come up with better boards than the rest... i feel!
m
l
September 4, 2010 3:42:10 AM

hell_storm2004 said:
That is on a different platform. Wont work for you. I agree with batuchka. All the works and a puny GPU. You wont be gaming or what?

When you are searching in newegg... look for X58 boards only. They are the one's you need.

Somehow in recent times Gigabyte boards have come up with better boards than the rest... i feel!

I do not agree with Gigabyte products. I have tested many of them. My friends did too. They are almost all fake products. The life time is too short as well. They are not worth the money you pay on them. To me and many of my friends it seems that ASUS and Abit are the most reliable and economical choices to make. MSI VGA cards are not bad either. However if one likes to go for MSI mainboards, he should make sure that the chassis has a large volume and there is enough cooling and fans
m
l