Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Toshiba external hard disk is detected but shows empty and asks to format i have

Last response: in Storage
November 30, 2012 7:50:00 AM

Sir,

Ican't access my Thoshiba external hardisk. when plugin to computer it shows format disk..how can i get my valuable datas from this hard disk

Sanup

Best solution

a b G Storage
November 30, 2012 8:03:03 AM
December 1, 2012 11:59:28 AM

Thanks alot...:) 
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
December 2, 2012 12:31:11 AM

sanup4306 said:
Thanks alot...:) 

Did that work for you or did you try something else!!!
m
l
January 8, 2013 4:22:46 PM

jsmakkar said:
Did that work for you or did you try something else!!!

please help...same prob but i dont need the files..just want to format it

tried disk utility device manager...w7 cd xp cd etc...still cant format
m
l
January 9, 2013 4:21:34 AM

As everyone writes above, you definitely need a recovery tool to help you.
In my experience, you could try a hard disk recovery freeware that has helped me recover my inaccessible data from a "not formatted" drive. It is really worth trying. Go try it!
Note for you:
1. Do not store any new data on the same drive to avoid original data overwritten by new data, which can make your data gone forever.
2. Do not save the recovered data on the same drive, which can cause recovery failure.
3. Do not forget to format it to make it workable as before.
4. Do not forget to back up your important data regularly in the future.
m
l
June 7, 2013 9:22:05 AM

I have saved many files on my toshiba 1 gig usb3 drive, under windows7, no encryption.
when I plug the same drive into my other pc, also windows 7, the folders show up under windows explorer but none of the files.
The files are inaccessible and I am asked if I want to format the disk. When I put the disk back to the machine which saved the files, they are all still available.

please explain why 1 pc can see the files and the other cannot. I am admin on both computers.
m
l
!