Netbook for watching TV online

malpy10

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2010
Hello,
I'm wanting to buy a netbook for the basics (email, word processing, etc) and also for using the TV players on BBC/ITV/C4 websites, and youtube. My current laptop has never allowed for smooth running of these channels OR radio so I'm consious about getting one that will cope AND last a good few years (My current latop processor is an AMD Turion X64, but it also runs on Vista with 1gb ram). Can anyone advise on the following processor?

http://www.amd.com/us/products/notebook/platforms/home/2010-ultrathin/Pages/2010-ultrathin-platform.aspx

Its the K125 processor at the bottom. I'm mostly concerned about the bus speed, although I don't know what is it.. does anyone know how to find out? Or does anyone own a laptop with this processor in?

Many Thanks

malpy10

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2010
Sorry, I was also wondering how reliable AMD is vs. Intel? Would I better going for a netbook that has Intel Atom??

Again, thank you!

deadjon

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Go for the Dual Core matey. That one is single core.
If I were you i'd find a 10.1 inch netbook with a Dual core and an ION chipset. they are great fun.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
I would actually hold off for a bit.AMD is coming out with their Fusion CPU's (CPU+ GPU) especially the Ontario one for netbooks.I like the idea about netbooks but myself have held off until they are worthwhile.Yeah just wait a couple of months.
You might even be able to do some light (or older) gaming on it.