Crosshair formula V compatibility

LCBChef18

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
My amd phenom II x6 1090t is not compatible with my motherboard because it is a "different model" I myself find this to be horse ****. I found this out by calling some prick over the phone with asus named Mario. Perhaps someone can help me out? Is there a fix for this I don't know of? My pc won't boot. At all, it turns on and then immediately shuts off. It lacks compatible mem. until this friday and a gpu until tuesday. I'm going to see if the gpu helps it boot, then if the memory helps it boot. If not i guess i'll be ****** until the bulldozers come out.

Way to go false advertising Asus!

P.s. You'd think investing $250 in a motherboard that the company you purchase from would have the decency to make all of the am3 processors compatible. So far my experience with Asus is terrible... To say the least.

dyssfunkshinal

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
So what is the model # of the processor you have?

HDT90ZFBK6DGR and HDT90ZFBGRBOX are both the same processor, the difference being one is OEM and one is Retail packaged.

My guess is you purchased the retail version (HDT90ZFBGRBOX).

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/A... Edition - HDT90ZFBK6DGR (HDT90ZFBGRBOX).html

Anyway, if you've had the Formula V for less than 30 days, Asus can't do anything for you beyond help you troubleshoot it, you need to return it to wherever you purchased it from for a replacement.

LCBChef18

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Thats basically what i just said. They are the same processor, one just has different letters on the box. I have the retail version. Asus is implying that the Retail version is NOT compatible.

LCBChef18

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Fixed my issue, My cpu fan/pump was not plugged into the "cpu fan" power socket. therefore the board did not recognize a heatsink as a precaution it immediately powered off to make sure the CPU would not over heat. All is well and working now, it boots.

roque

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
hey are u sure the processor is compatible???i mean are there any instability issues???because on the official website the OEM version is only listed...i am also planning to buy it along with phenom x6 1100t be....any kind of advice will be helpful...