Msi 890fxa-gd70 cannot detect bootable device

Hello,
I just built a new pc with a msi 890FXA-GD70 main board, AMD Phenom 1100T BE, 16GB PC12800 DDR3 ram, 1000 watt power supply, (2) western digital 1TB HDD, GeForce GTX 550Ti video card- 1GB, Cool Master HAF 932 Advance full tower, Corsair CWCH70 CPU liquid Cooler, Asus DRW DVD Burner, SamsungSH-222 DVD writer. The system powered up OK and asked to select the DVD drive to load the msi drivers in. I put the msi dvd in one of the drives and selected that drive on the display. A message came back that a bootable device was not detected. I only have one of the HDDs connected. I tried only connecting one of the DVD drives but this did not correct the problem. I changed the SATA port connection location with no effect. The mother board recognizes the DVD drives but when I try to load the msi drivers disk the drives are not detectable. I also tried loading the Asus drivers but had the same problem. I know I must be doing something wrong. Can anyone help.

Bob
2 answers Last reply
More about 890fxa gd70 detect bootable device
  1. If you want to boot from an optical drive, you have to select it in the BIOS boot order. I don't know the BIOS on that motherboard, but usually there's an entire tab devoted to boot order - move the optical drive up the list until it's the first boot device.
  2. im having the same issue but cant get into BIOS at all. it doesnt give me that option on my initial boot
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards MSI-Microstar