Which of these Intel i7 870 and phenom II X6 1075 is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefytm

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
I want to buy another pc and i don't know for what kind of cpu should I buy?I think about this two kind of cpu amd phenom II X6 1075 and intel i7 870!do you think it is ok to buy an i5 750?

Solution
That's like asking should I get a ford pickup? or should I get a mustang?

How do we know? You never told us what you need it for.

Generally, you get what you pay for. You are looking in all different priceranges and whatnot. The x6 will be more powerful in anything mutli-threaded and is worth it if that is what you need. The i5 is the most powerful quad core under $200 (just barely under $200 for the 750). Per core it is still a bit more powerful than a phenom II core at 3.5GHz for most things.

At about $290, choosing the i7 870 vs the phenom IIx6 is a bit of a tough one if your uses can use the extra 2 cores. The i7 870 will perform better even in some tasks that can use the extra 2 cores of the x6 so is the better bet but you need...
That's like asking should I get a ford pickup? or should I get a mustang?

How do we know? You never told us what you need it for.

Generally, you get what you pay for. You are looking in all different priceranges and whatnot. The x6 will be more powerful in anything mutli-threaded and is worth it if that is what you need. The i5 is the most powerful quad core under $200 (just barely under $200 for the 750). Per core it is still a bit more powerful than a phenom II core at 3.5GHz for most things.

At about $290, choosing the i7 870 vs the phenom IIx6 is a bit of a tough one if your uses can use the extra 2 cores. The i7 870 will perform better even in some tasks that can use the extra 2 cores of the x6 so is the better bet but you need to ask if it is worth the $90 over the i5/phenom IIx6 (both at $200 at newegg right now)

Another option is the phenom II 955 if you want to save money. At $160 it is inferior to the i5 in every way but its performance reflects its price.

Solution

stefytm

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010

Thanks everyone for the response!sorry for my English if I made some mistake...........because I don't know very good english

Status
Not open for further replies.