Sign in with
Your question

No sound from Computer after motherboard audio driver installed.

Last response: in Motherboards
July 10, 2011 3:47:59 AM

Hi,

I installed my audio driver for my gigabyte ud3 b3 motherboard. I got the driver from gigabyte's website. It is the 64 bit windows 7 version. Now I have realtek hd audio manager installed. I have a set of speakers plugged in which I know work because i plug the cord into my iphone and the speakers work great. Now I plug into the green input hole (which by the way, I should say that everything worked great before I recently reinstalled windows 7). When playing music I look at the mixer and see that all programs playing the music and the speakers have the green bar going up and down to the music. But the bar that says system sounds does not report any sound ( no green bar going up and down).

Does anyone have any ideas? My bios is set to on board audio and I have no pci audio hardware.

Thanks in advance
July 10, 2011 7:21:31 PM

go to start my computer view system information click the hardware tab and check you are missing no audio drivers it should give you a orangy like I symbal then say missing drivers you can roll back audio drivers from there or uninstall them completly
m
l
a b V Motherboard
July 10, 2011 7:38:42 PM

Go to your Control Panel and select Realtek HD Audio. On the side of the window you should see pretty pictures of your computer audio ports.

If you right-click on that pretty port picture, you may determine if it has been properly 'tasked' to speaker-out.
m
l
Related resources
July 13, 2011 2:42:42 AM

rollback the driver of the audio... may be the audio driver is conflict....
m
l
a c 151 V Motherboard
July 22, 2011 7:22:28 PM

Check to see if system sounds are turned on. And start when windows boots up. In your control panel there should be an icon for sounds.
m
l
December 17, 2011 3:40:37 AM

Thank you all for your efforts. I tried everyones ideas but I still cannot get my sound to work. Any other ideas?
m
l
!