No sound from Computer after motherboard audio driver installed.

rasbarry2

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
Hi,

I installed my audio driver for my gigabyte ud3 b3 motherboard. I got the driver from gigabyte's website. It is the 64 bit windows 7 version. Now I have realtek hd audio manager installed. I have a set of speakers plugged in which I know work because i plug the cord into my iphone and the speakers work great. Now I plug into the green input hole (which by the way, I should say that everything worked great before I recently reinstalled windows 7). When playing music I look at the mixer and see that all programs playing the music and the speakers have the green bar going up and down to the music. But the bar that says system sounds does not report any sound ( no green bar going up and down).

Does anyone have any ideas? My bios is set to on board audio and I have no pci audio hardware.

Thanks in advance

crispykiller96

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
go to start my computer view system information click the hardware tab and check you are missing no audio drivers it should give you a orangy like I symbal then say missing drivers you can roll back audio drivers from there or uninstall them completly

TRENDING THREADS