Feb 10, 2010
Hello there,
Here is my spec
Intel Core I3
Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H
2 x 2GB Kingston
Samsung Spinpoint 500GB
SeaSonic S12II Bronze 430W

The pc was assembled 1.5years ago and never had any critical problems.
Today when I tried to turn it on, it turned on but there were no POST, no indication on the monitor, no keyboard activity.
After opening it I notice that all fans runs normally, except CPU fan that one boot can run normally and another boot can start and immediately stop running.
I tried to turn the PC on without the memory sticks and I had bios beeps (forgot to count them). I tried to turn the PC on with one stick in both slots turn by turn and had the same scenario, fans runs fine (except cpu fan that might or might not run) but no POST.
Also my motherboard have 4 Phase Leds, and all of them were on (2 green, 1 yellow, 1 red), some say its normal state until windows loads, I never really payed attention to them.
Also I notices that there is no hard drive check, i.e. the hard drive read/write indication led is not blinking (and it should since its POST) as oppose to the DVD led for example. Also tried to turn the PC on without the hard drive, still no POST.

Any suggestions what might be the problem? I suspect the motherboard or the CPU.
Thanks, and have a nice day!

Those cpus rarely fail unless you've raised the voltage for overclocking. I would try a different power supply first if you have a spare. I would also go into your board manual and look for any light codes for troubleshooting. Your board should still be under warranty; request an rma and give gigabyte 24 hours to respond. You don't have to go into any detail, simply say it won't post. If needed, take photos covering each area of the board, and inspect for any scratches or burn marks, which is what gigabyte will do after receiving the board. If an rma is granted, follow their instructions to the letter, especially about marking your box with the rma number. Normally, it takes 2-3 weeks to get a replacement board. Good luck.

skwo

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Hi, thanks for the reply!
I did not do any overclock or power raising, also from inspecting the CPU and the motherboard they looks fine, no burn or etc.
I start to suspect the power supply as well.
The lights of Phase Led indicates the CPU load, 4 lights means maximum load, as what I understood from the internet, its always fully loaded until windows boots up.
I checked and all the parts are under warranty, I think Ill try to replace them (at least the power supply and the motherboard).
More replies will be welcomed. Thanks!