Sign in with
Your question

WiFi network will not give me an IP

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 11, 2010 10:13:43 AM

Greetings,

Last days,i am back to my hometown and i m trying to connect to my router via WiFi.I ve tried to connect with PSP , HTC Hero and a laptop,but none of them could get an IP adress from my router.I tried to give static IPs but again i was getting the same error.I tried to disable all encryptions and securities but no result.

I have no idea what might be the problem since i checked all possible options.Maybe my router is failing?

I use Philips CGA5720N/TE and i have linksys wag354g available (but i don't realy know from where i can enable wifi -_- ).

Thanks in advance,
Theo

More about : wifi network give

July 11, 2010 10:30:53 AM

To add: i have DHCP Enabled.
July 12, 2010 11:27:48 AM

Theokondak said:
Greetings,

Last days,i am back to my hometown and i m trying to connect to my router via WiFi.I ve tried to connect with PSP , HTC Hero and a laptop,but none of them could get an IP adress from my router.I tried to give static IPs but again i was getting the same error.I tried to disable all encryptions and securities but no result.

I have no idea what might be the problem since i checked all possible options.Maybe my router is failing?

I use Philips CGA5720N/TE and i have linksys wag354g available (but i don't realy know from where i can enable wifi -_- ).

Thanks in advance,
Theo

You could try resetting your router using the switch that's generally available on the back. One possible reason causing this is that your router has been configured to allow only those devices to connect whose MAC addresses are fed into its configuration as ALLOWED. Use the configuration interface to find out if this is the reason.
July 12, 2010 3:36:07 PM

Well i just fixed the issue by reseting the router.By the way,it was not a MAC address problem for sure.I checked it lot of times.

!