Sign in with
Your question

X2 555 help finding all 4 cores in bios

Last response: in CPUs
November 15, 2010 9:07:13 AM

i have had a x2 555 combo from micro centre with a MSI 785GM-P45 AM3 785G mATX m/b a few weeks
decided to try unlocking the cores
try a few setting but when i reboot i get nothing will not start up or not even to welcome screen from msi and got to reset cmos with jumpers to get back into bios.
ok if i cannot unlock them fair doos but i read the x2 555 is a x4 cores with 2 cores disabled ???
now when i go into bios
and put cpu core control to manual; to see if i can disable core4 and try that way, but i only can see 2 cores as in the pic here

why cannot i see all 4 cores so i can disable them manually tried it on auto manual and still only see 2 cores and why carnt i up the voltage as all the cpu voltage are grayed out for some reason , am i doing something wrong ?????

any help would be appreciated or as anyone used this board to unlock the cores .

ty

More about : 555 finding cores bios

a b à CPUs
November 15, 2010 9:27:44 AM

Its a Baddun mate, your not really doing anything wrong there, not all Phenom II x2s are working Quads, some of them are simply broken quads. In this case enabling buggered cores is gonna mess up your Startup so its not gonna boot.

Do a little more research into unlocking on your mobo, read some reveiws and grab the batch number from your Processor and compare it to others that can or cant be unlocked.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 15, 2010 10:32:36 AM

Try unlocking them one at a time, might get a working triple core.
m
l
Related resources
November 15, 2010 4:11:24 PM

tyor thr replays i even updated bios and still same (cannot post have to reset cmos to get back into pc)looks like i one of the unlucky ones well the wifes got it for the moment until i upgrade to a x6 cpu but i heard x6 cpu just better then the q6600 i got now overclocked to 3.0??
thnaks agion for your response
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 15, 2010 4:45:51 PM

oldpot said:
tyor thr replays i even updated bios and still same (cannot post have to reset cmos to get back into pc)looks like i one of the unlucky ones well the wifes got it for the moment until i upgrade to a x6 cpu but i heard x6 cpu just better then the q6600 i got now overclocked to 3.0??
thnaks agion for your response

My 555, set ACC to AUTO, needed +0.025v CPU voltage before it booted, stable @3.6 quad.
m
l
November 22, 2010 12:30:41 PM

werid thing is i could not see cores with the MSI
785GM-P45 AM3 785G but tryed a asus board and and got tri core out of it so i dunno why the msi board would not work ???
m
l
!