I got the Asus P8P67 motherboard with Intel Core i5 LGA 1155 CPU. Got one HD only and didn't have any problem with previous system. This new system wouldn't boot pass the WindowXP screen. Checked the set up in the BIOS, it recognized the only HD (Maxtor) and set it primary boot device. However, at the beginning of boot sequence I saw a msg said No Hard Drive found.
Anybody know what's wrong with this and how to correct?
Instead of reinstalling WinXP, I installed Win 7 Home Premium / 64-bit ver in a new hard drive (Seagate Barracuda 1 TB, 7200 RPM). Kept getting CPU error until I changed the rate down to 200 (default was 600). My system has been working fine for three days now. I got to reinstall all software packages (MS Office, Nitro PDF Pro, Google Chrome, Picasa 3, RealPlayer, etc.).
My system includes:
- MB: Asus P8P67;
- CPU: Intel Core i5 (i5-2400 LGA 1155);
- Power Supply: Thermaltake 750W;
- Mem: 2 ea 4GB Corsair XMS3, DDR3 1600; (at slots A2 & B2 as recommended)
- Hard drives: (1) Pri- brand new Seagate Barracuda 1TB, 7200 RPM) and (2) Sec- Maxtor 500 GB (from old system);
- LG BlueRay SATA Disc Combo CH12;
- D-Link Wireless USB card; and
- reused video card from old system.