Code 43

Hello,
My computer was recognizing the drivers until yesterday and today I can't access any usb I plug in.
9 answers Last reply
More about code
  1. Remove your upper/lower filters from the registry under keys
    Regedit.

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CURRENT CONTROL SET
    CONTROL
    CLASS
    4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318
  2. Thanks for your prompt reply but I have no idea of how to use the info you gave me. Could you help?

deadjon said:
    Remove your upper/lower filters from the registry under keys
    Regedit.

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CURRENT CONTROL SET
    CONTROL
    CLASS
    4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318
  3. Hi

Goes as follows:
    Start menu -> Run -> type ' Regedit 'and press enter .
    On the different options on the left select HKEYLOCAL MACHINE, then run through each subsection selecting the corrosponding options.

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CURRENT CONTROL SET
    CONTROL
    CLASS
    4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 (THIS IS ALMOST ALWAYS THE 9TH 1 DOWN)

In there there will be 1 or 2 registry keys, upper or lower filters, either of which need to be deleted, and if theres both delete both :)

After that reboot the machine and taddaaaaa the cd drive will be in my computer and will be usuable.

Thanks
    Signor
  4. I did as you said but unfortunately I still have no drive access. Any other options? thanks

signor said:
    Hi

Goes as follows:
    Start menu -> Run -> type ' Regedit 'and press enter .
    On the different options on the left select HKEYLOCAL MACHINE, then run through each subsection selecting the corrosponding options.

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CURRENT CONTROL SET
    CONTROL
    CLASS
    4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 (THIS IS ALMOST ALWAYS THE 9TH 1 DOWN)

In there there will be 1 or 2 registry keys, upper or lower filters, either of which need to be deleted, and if theres both delete both :)

After that reboot the machine and taddaaaaa the cd drive will be in my computer and will be usuable.

Thanks
    Signor
  5. Just to confirm, deleted both upper and lower filter?

also, if still no drive access.....then try re-installing your root hubs in dev manager.
    If still no effect, have you had any recent updates for windows?
    if re-installing root hub does nothing then try a system restore back to when they were working, if still not working only thing i can advise to do is to download the latest chipset drivers for your mobo.

Ill have a further look into this for you see if i can find a registry fix for this

will post back with any findings
  6. after a few looks on what others have had it seems like a bit of a bugger to get rid off.

some managed to sort it with a fresh install, but i wouldnt do that just yet, others have fixed with new drivers for mobo chipset, others have still not fixed.
  7. I'm going to ask a local friend for help, but do you recomend anything?

thanks

Kindala

signor said:
    after a few looks on what others have had it seems like a bit of a bugger to get rid off.

some managed to sort it with a fresh install, but i wouldnt do that just yet, others have fixed with new drivers for mobo chipset, others have still not fixed.
  8. Only thing i can suggest is re-installing your root hubs with the latest chipset drivers.
    Give that a try, if no effect come back I may have an answer. PS, I spend most of my time searching for answers at work now :-p
  9. thanks, found a way to bypass it with another computer and the net, but I'll still ask that local friend to have a look at it, as my version is not original and I think the PC might have a lot of viruses. But I'll let you know what happens.

thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Computer USB Components