Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Code 43

Last response: in Components
Share
November 15, 2010 11:58:48 AM

Hello,
My computer was recognizing the drivers until yesterday and today I can't access any usb I plug in.

More about : code

November 15, 2010 12:02:58 PM

Remove your upper/lower filters from the registry under keys
Regedit.

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
SYSTEM
CURRENT CONTROL SET
CONTROL
CLASS
4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318
m
0
l
November 15, 2010 4:38:22 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply but I have no idea of how to use the info you gave me. Could you help?

deadjon said:
Remove your upper/lower filters from the registry under keys
Regedit.

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
SYSTEM
CURRENT CONTROL SET
CONTROL
CLASS
4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318

m
0
l
Related resources
November 15, 2010 7:09:53 PM

Hi

Goes as follows:
Start menu -> Run -> type ' Regedit 'and press enter .
On the different options on the left select HKEYLOCAL MACHINE, then run through each subsection selecting the corrosponding options.

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
SYSTEM
CURRENT CONTROL SET
CONTROL
CLASS
4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 (THIS IS ALMOST ALWAYS THE 9TH 1 DOWN)

In there there will be 1 or 2 registry keys, upper or lower filters, either of which need to be deleted, and if theres both delete both :) 

After that reboot the machine and taddaaaaa the cd drive will be in my computer and will be usuable.

Thanks
Signor
m
0
l
November 17, 2010 12:42:18 PM

I did as you said but unfortunately I still have no drive access. Any other options? thanks

signor said:
Hi

Goes as follows:
Start menu -> Run -> type ' Regedit 'and press enter .
On the different options on the left select HKEYLOCAL MACHINE, then run through each subsection selecting the corrosponding options.

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
SYSTEM
CURRENT CONTROL SET
CONTROL
CLASS
4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 (THIS IS ALMOST ALWAYS THE 9TH 1 DOWN)

In there there will be 1 or 2 registry keys, upper or lower filters, either of which need to be deleted, and if theres both delete both :) 

After that reboot the machine and taddaaaaa the cd drive will be in my computer and will be usuable.

Thanks
Signor

m
0
l
November 17, 2010 2:06:42 PM

Just to confirm, deleted both upper and lower filter?

also, if still no drive access.....then try re-installing your root hubs in dev manager.
If still no effect, have you had any recent updates for windows?
if re-installing root hub does nothing then try a system restore back to when they were working, if still not working only thing i can advise to do is to download the latest chipset drivers for your mobo.

Ill have a further look into this for you see if i can find a registry fix for this

will post back with any findings
m
0
l
November 17, 2010 3:26:09 PM

after a few looks on what others have had it seems like a bit of a bugger to get rid off.

some managed to sort it with a fresh install, but i wouldnt do that just yet, others have fixed with new drivers for mobo chipset, others have still not fixed.
m
0
l
November 17, 2010 9:15:04 PM

I'm going to ask a local friend for help, but do you recomend anything?

thanks

Kindala

signor said:
after a few looks on what others have had it seems like a bit of a bugger to get rid off.

some managed to sort it with a fresh install, but i wouldnt do that just yet, others have fixed with new drivers for mobo chipset, others have still not fixed.

m
0
l
November 17, 2010 11:45:24 PM

Only thing i can suggest is re-installing your root hubs with the latest chipset drivers.
Give that a try, if no effect come back I may have an answer. PS, I spend most of my time searching for answers at work now :-p
m
0
l
November 26, 2010 8:13:39 AM

thanks, found a way to bypass it with another computer and the net, but I'll still ask that local friend to have a look at it, as my version is not original and I think the PC might have a lot of viruses. But I'll let you know what happens.

thanks
m
0
l
!