ngueza

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Hello,
My computer was recognizing the drivers until yesterday and today I can't access any usb I plug in.

ngueza

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Thanks for your prompt reply but I have no idea of how to use the info you gave me. Could you help?

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Hi

Goes as follows:
Start menu -> Run -> type ' Regedit 'and press enter .
On the different options on the left select HKEYLOCAL MACHINE, then run through each subsection selecting the corrosponding options.

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
SYSTEM
CURRENT CONTROL SET
CONTROL
CLASS
4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 (THIS IS ALMOST ALWAYS THE 9TH 1 DOWN)

In there there will be 1 or 2 registry keys, upper or lower filters, either of which need to be deleted, and if theres both delete both :)

After that reboot the machine and taddaaaaa the cd drive will be in my computer and will be usuable.

Thanks
Signor

ngueza

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
I did as you said but unfortunately I still have no drive access. Any other options? thanks

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Just to confirm, deleted both upper and lower filter?

also, if still no drive access.....then try re-installing your root hubs in dev manager.
If still no effect, have you had any recent updates for windows?
if re-installing root hub does nothing then try a system restore back to when they were working, if still not working only thing i can advise to do is to download the latest chipset drivers for your mobo.

Ill have a further look into this for you see if i can find a registry fix for this

will post back with any findings

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
after a few looks on what others have had it seems like a bit of a ah heck to get rid off.

some managed to sort it with a fresh install, but i wouldnt do that just yet, others have fixed with new drivers for mobo chipset, others have still not fixed.

ngueza

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
I'm going to ask a local friend for help, but do you recomend anything?

thanks

Kindala

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Only thing i can suggest is re-installing your root hubs with the latest chipset drivers.
Give that a try, if no effect come back I may have an answer. PS, I spend most of my time searching for answers at work now :p

ngueza

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
thanks, found a way to bypass it with another computer and the net, but I'll still ask that local friend to have a look at it, as my version is not original and I think the PC might have a lot of viruses. But I'll let you know what happens.

thanks