CTX 470 detects one monitor as two

r_Rozx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Hii
I have GTX 470 connected to SAMSUNG P2370MS with 2 cables HDMI ans DVI .

I use HDMI for ganing and movies and DVI for browsing , reading...etc .

The problem is that when I choose HDMI the desktop becomes extended out side the screen .

I tried to resize it but I couldn't .

The GFX detects the cables as if it is connected to two differnt scree.

I tried to use extend desktop but this makes the card run very hot !!

So , I used duplicate desktop , but then it's impossible to resize the monitor on HDMI unless you decrease the resoultion , I
don't want to do that because the view is awesome on 1920x1080.

When I choose to show desktop only on monitor 1 (DVI) , I can't detect HDMI and vice versa .

What do you have it connected with two cables? Use one or the other, they carry the exact same video data anyway. The reason it thinks its connected to two different screens is because for all intents and purposes it is, both of its outputs are connected to an LCD screen and thats all it cares about. Be a normal person and use a single cable for a single screen.

r_Rozx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
No , the quality of DVI and HDMI is different .
When I use HDMI only , Desktop becomes very bad , grainy view , hard to read , you can't use it with such quality .
On the other hand , games and movies on HDMI are magnificent .
The difference between both types is very obvious on 1920x1080 , when you decrease the resolution the difference in quality decreases gradually .
That is why I use both .

r_Rozx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Also , I forgot to say that the monitor is desind to be connected to many devices at the same time , by SOURCE button you can switch from Xbox to PC and so on .

Then you need to go an pick yourself up a quality HDMI cable because they carry the exact same video signal in the exact same encoding.

While your monitor may be designed to be connected to multiple sources, your GPU certainly isnt design to connect to the same output twice, it looks for is something at the end of the cable, so it still registers a second monitor as there even if its off.

r_Rozx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Any way , I have no problems with detecting it as 2 monitors ,
How to resize desktop on HDMI with no the resolution ?
I got HDMI cable with GTX 470 .

w0lfattack

Distinguished
May 26, 2010

There is no quality difference. The only difference is that HDMI is capable of also carrying audio.

And FYI, almost every monitor that has multiple input has the option to switch between the connections. I have two monitors and I can switch between DVI and VGA all day long but I only have DVI's plugged in.

r_Rozx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
As I have two monitors connected !!
I 've a lot of options .
From nvidia control panel , I can resize mobitor 2 (DVI) but I can't resize monitor 1 (HDMI) when I choose duplicate desktop .
When I choose extend desktop , the GFX runs hot , I heard that I need to edit the bios to overcome the the problem , the good thing , I can resize the monitor 1 (HDMI) but it makes the resolution lower and lower >>>>the bad thing .

r_Rozx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010

I read what you said but I see a big difference on my monitor , WORSE fore daily usage and BETTER for gaming .
Colors are saturated , sharpness increased , Highly defined objects and others .

DragonFalse

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
On your remote control, on the bottom left u will find the button "P. Size", change it till the mode becomes "Screen Fit"
u will find the same option in the Menu, go to Picture >> Picture Options >> Size >> Screen Fit

r_Rozx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
oh thank you guys .
I 've re sized the screen and decreed sharpness to 0 and changed some other few settings to get the best quality and it's working fine now on hdmo and no need for dvi .