Unable to Install Windows or Format SSD!

i3ubbles

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Hey guys, I'm in desperate need of help. I have a Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD. I tried to install windows on it, and it said it was unable to install due to some issues with formatting. Now when I go back it looks like this
http://imgur.com/EHZKE
In disk management it looks like this: http://imgur.com/I8E6p

I can't format via right click or windows installation. If anyone can help me please do. I would really appreciate it. I have been at it for 2 days and have been googling all over and still no luck :(

If it helps, here's my specs:
Asus Maximus IV Gene-z/gen3 mobo
8 gb kingston hyperx ram
Visiontek HD 6970 graphics card
500 gb WD HD
120 Kingston hyperx SSD
750w ocz PSU
i5 2500k 3.3 ghz

Solution
Your SSD is in a raw state and needs to be partitioned , right click on the drive in disk management and select create primary partition and then follow the prompts wich will take you through the process of creating the partition and then formatting it and giving it a drive letter. Then you'll be abe to do what you want.

jemm

Distinguished
It seems you have installed the OS in your HDD not the SSD. You will have to make a clean OS install on your SSD.

The first thing you have to do is to disconnect the HDD cables (power and SATA).

Then connected the SSD cables (power ans SATA). Power you PC with the OS installation CD on your CDRom, while keep pressing ´Delete´, so that you can enter into the Bios.

Once in the Bios, set the SSD as your primary boot driver, and set it to AHCI (You may have to have a look at your motherboard manual to locate these functions). Then install the OS.

After the installation is completed, turn off your PC, then re-connected your HDD cables. Power your PC, and you will see that the SSD will be the C Driver, and the HDD your D Driver.

Your SSD is in a raw state and needs to be partitioned , right click on the drive in disk management and select create primary partition and then follow the prompts wich will take you through the process of creating the partition and then formatting it and giving it a drive letter. Then you'll be abe to do what you want.

Solution

i3ubbles

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012

I tried to do as you said but when I went into my Bios, my SSD was already 1st boot priority (which I think was what you meant as primary boot driver), and it was already set to AHCI. I then tried to install Windows 7 with only my SSD plugged in, and it said something along the lines of, "Windows cannot install due to error preparing the partition)

i3ubbles

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012

I wasn't able to find the option for "create primary partition" but I tried to format it and it said it was not able to complete the format process.