Looking for a budget PC Case

asteldian

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
Hi all,
I am just trying to decide on a case for a PC. Nothing excessively fancy as I cannot spend too much (around £50). The cases that intrigue me most are:

1) NZXT Apollo - £56.36 I know nothing about this case, it just looked kind of cool
2) Antec 300 - £49.33 A classic budget case, but with the 600 only £5 more it seems crazy not to go for it instead
3) Antec 600 - £55.20
4) Coolermaster Centurion 590 - £54.03
5) HAF 912 Plus - £62.22 (Seems a bit steep compared to the Antec 600)

The PC is used for gaming and will likely get OC'd, so good airflow is important and if possible a quieter PC is better than a noisy one so if any of these are too thin and noisy I would prefer to avoid it.

So, any opinions on the above cases is greatly appreciated

tecmo34

Administrator

Does the OP have an issue with "break away" PCI covers I missed? Otherwise, it is a very nice case but as you said, the OP has to decide what case they visually likes best, as they all will perform similar in cooling performance.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Cant speak to the others, but have an Antec 300 illusion and its great for the money. Its not fabulous to look at, but has excellent airflow(room for 5 fans), more HD drive slots than most mid-towers (big selling point for me), and durable heavy construction.

Also the air filter in front is VERY nice--I vacuum the front of my case about once a month and the inside stays clean, even with 5 fans going.