Ocing CPU and Mosfets

vilenjan

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
I am trying to help my brother to OC his CPU and have a question about MOSfet cooling.

He has this mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131649
which have the Mosftes naked.

He has a x6 1055 which I plan to OC to 3.5Ghz with the help of a CM Hyper TX3

Now this isn't an extreme OC and I plan on not raising the CPU voltage (i might drop it to 3.42 of its unstable at 3.5 at stock voltage).

Anyhoo my question is two fold.

1. DO I need to get me some aftermarket Mosfet coolers?
2. If so, which Mosfet do I need to cover? He has 5 pairs of larger mosfets right next to the ferrite chocks, and another 5 pairs of smaller pairs after that. Would I need to cover both or just the larger mosfets next to the chocks?

Solution
All in your case... The temps is probably based on one or so, so i dont know if all temps the same so just put on all... What kind of cooler did you bought, Heatsink for CPU or those little heatsink for mosfet? just cover all those small and big one and plus CPU than your good...

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
IDK, but im sure it shows up on Everest or Aida64... Also, to make sure it's not reaching the 70s, touch it and see if you can put your hand on it more than 20 seconds... anything over 140*F(60*C), you wont be able to touch even for few second if it doesn't have a heatsink...

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
All in your case... The temps is probably based on one or so, so i dont know if all temps the same so just put on all... What kind of cooler did you bought, Heatsink for CPU or those little heatsink for mosfet? just cover all those small and big one and plus CPU than your good...

Solution