Looking for a well ventilated easy to cable manage mid tower under $75

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneblackened

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I've been looking for a decent case for a build I'm doing soon; it'll be my first build.

I'd like at least: 1 x 120mm fan front, 1x120mm rear fan, the more the better. I'd also like a reasonably good case for routing cables out of the way.
I saw a bunch of the NZXT cases, namely the Lexa S and the Hades. Any opinions on those?

Solution
Hi oneblackened,

For starters I would recommend the Antec 300 Illusion. It has plenty of fans(but thats is as long as you dont mind blue led's) so you can save some $ there, front intake filter, and very good airflow, quality construction/sturdy, good features, and IMO looks nice.

As for the cable management your kind of on your own to be creative, ie.. using wire ties and routing cables out of the way of airflow, as well as tucking them in between the back panel and the HDD and CD mount supports. If your a just building and average PC(1dvd, 1harddrive, 1gpu, soundcard) this isnt much of a problem, but any more them it may get to be a chore.

This is the case with many mid-towers, cable management is up to you, unless you can find a...

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Hi oneblackened,

For starters I would recommend the Antec 300 Illusion. It has plenty of fans(but thats is as long as you dont mind blue led's) so you can save some $ there, front intake filter, and very good airflow, quality construction/sturdy, good features, and IMO looks nice.

As for the cable management your kind of on your own to be creative, ie.. using wire ties and routing cables out of the way of airflow, as well as tucking them in between the back panel and the HDD and CD mount supports. If your a just building and average PC(1dvd, 1harddrive, 1gpu, soundcard) this isnt much of a problem, but any more them it may get to be a chore.

This is the case with many mid-towers, cable management is up to you, unless you can find a case with cut-outs in the motherboard mounting plate for you to route cables behind. Here are the few I could find: Rosewill’s Challenger, Cooler Master CM 690 II Basic, NZXT Gamma offer nice slots for cable routing as well as the HAF 912 & 922.

I know thier are more out there but its hard to locate them all.

Solution

oneblackened

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010

If I could bump up to the 922 I would, but that's an extra $15 I don't have.
But a 690 II basic might not be a bad idea, and there's plenty of room for more fans in that.

tecmo34

Administrator

If you can go with the HAF 922, it is one of the best all around case for any build (IMO) & would recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.