Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Looking for a well ventilated easy to cable manage mid tower under $75

Last response: in Components
November 15, 2010 9:22:09 PM

I've been looking for a decent case for a build I'm doing soon; it'll be my first build.

I'd like at least: 1 x 120mm fan front, 1x120mm rear fan, the more the better. I'd also like a reasonably good case for routing cables out of the way.
I saw a bunch of the NZXT cases, namely the Lexa S and the Hades. Any opinions on those?
a c 77 ) Power supply
November 15, 2010 9:57:26 PM

I like the NZXT Hades case, along with the Cooler Master HAF 912, Antec DF-10 (little over $75), or Cooler Master RC-692 CM690 II

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
November 15, 2010 10:45:25 PM

Hi oneblackened,

For starters I would recommend the Antec 300 Illusion. It has plenty of fans(but thats is as long as you dont mind blue led's) so you can save some $ there, front intake filter, and very good airflow, quality construction/sturdy, good features, and IMO looks nice.

As for the cable management your kind of on your own to be creative, ie.. using wire ties and routing cables out of the way of airflow, as well as tucking them in between the back panel and the HDD and CD mount supports. If your a just building and average PC(1dvd, 1harddrive, 1gpu, soundcard) this isnt much of a problem, but any more them it may get to be a chore.

This is the case with many mid-towers, cable management is up to you, unless you can find a case with cut-outs in the motherboard mounting plate for you to route cables behind. Here are the few I could find: Rosewill’s Challenger, Cooler Master CM 690 II Basic, NZXT Gamma offer nice slots for cable routing as well as the HAF 912 & 922.

I know thier are more out there but its hard to locate them all.
Related resources
a c 164 ) Power supply
November 15, 2010 10:57:45 PM

i agree with chief; if you can buy off newegg.com or .ca, the Antec 300 illusion is hard to beat for build quality and cooling under $75
November 15, 2010 11:03:45 PM

thechief73 said:
Hi oneblackened,

For starters I would recommend the Antec 300 Illusion. It has plenty of fans(but thats is as long as you dont mind blue led's) so you can save some $ there, front intake filter, and very good airflow, quality construction/sturdy, good features, and IMO looks nice.

As for the cable management your kind of on your own to be creative, ie.. using wire ties and routing cables out of the way of airflow, as well as tucking them in between the back panel and the HDD and CD mount supports. If your a just building and average PC(1dvd, 1harddrive, 1gpu, soundcard) this isnt much of a problem, but any more them it may get to be a chore.

This is the case with many mid-towers, cable management is up to you, unless you can find a case with cut-outs in the motherboard mounting plate for you to route cables behind. Here are the few I could find: Rosewill’s Challenger, Cooler Master CM 690 II Basic, NZXT Gamma offer nice slots for cable routing as well as the HAF 912 & 922.

I know thier are more out there but its hard to locate them all.

If I could bump up to the 922 I would, but that's an extra $15 I don't have.
But a 690 II basic might not be a bad idea, and there's plenty of room for more fans in that.
a c 77 ) Power supply
November 15, 2010 11:06:51 PM

I agree the Antec 300 Illusion is a great case (last three builds I did where based off of it) but I would choose the Antec DF-10 or Cooler Master RC-629 CM690 II over it any day. I think it is a wash with the HAF 912... IMO.
a c 77 ) Power supply
November 15, 2010 11:09:40 PM

oneblackened said:
If I could bump up to the 922 I would, but that's an extra $15 I don't have.
But a 690 II basic might not be a bad idea, and there's plenty of room for more fans in that.

If you can go with the HAF 922, it is one of the best all around case for any build (IMO) & would recommend it.
November 15, 2010 11:48:40 PM

I think I have the budget for it... I'll grab it.
November 16, 2010 6:07:49 PM

Best answer selected by oneblackened.
a b ) Power supply
November 17, 2010 5:28:06 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
!