Videocard for light to med gaming and videos

Oh and around 100 dollars!!

Requirements:

1 It can work with a 460wt powersupply

2 PCIe

3 Not too loud or hot

4 Single sloted ( duels would block my PCIeX1 slot )

5 Has DVI ( will only be using one monitor )
Vga (useful)
HDMI ( I don't really need )

6 It least a gb of ram onboard

I don't care about crossfire and other stuff I just wanna card that'll let me play some games and watch some moves on my 18.5 screen
and won't be outdated in a month. There's so many choice I need help.

Where to start????

Timop

Distinguished
The 5670 has fantastic reviews, the GT240 isnt bad either.

Read the 1-stars, either the card was "overheating" (45 is perfectly normal), or they didn't read they needed a dongle to do eyefinity then complains. Or failure to install drivers correctly and then going all out saying the card horrible.

However, DOAs do happen on a regular basis on all GPUs, just buy from stores like newegg and get an exchange in that case.

Though one thing, what is the model of your Mobo? SOme old motherboards could have a problem supporting the new PCIe 2.1 cards.

I'm currantly using a crappy OEM intel based board but the one the GPU is going on is gonna be a AMD based GIGABYTE GA-M68M-S2P.
I believe I mentioned the 460 psu.

Vadorsystems

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
If you have the money (they dont cost much in all fairness) you could run a GTX 460, 465 or even a 470.. the 470 In gaming conditions generally uses about 340 - 360W so if ure PSU is a pretty solid psu it should be able to take that.. but on the safe side ide say the 465 which only tends to use 300W under gaming conditions

Timop

Distinguished

Someone didnt see:
"Oh and around 100 dollars!!"

Vadorsystems

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010

Yeeeeh xD Opened it, scrolled down to look at requirements and totally skipped that first line.. cause im just awesome like that :D did do a second post though cause ya know... I realise these things after posting

Timop

Distinguished

1GB in anything under the 5770 level is just BS. You don't gain ANYTHING in performance, but you pay $20 extra.

Besides, the 5670 is a faster card than the 5570, hence the higher number, while having the same power draw and price. You're buying an inferior product for the same money, that's not smart.

FoMoCo63

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
There are lots and lots of cards out there pci-e x16. I'm sure your going to find one, by going to the nVidia website, and ATI Radeon site (or perhaps one that you are aware of) and viewing their cards and specifications as well as their asking price. Then head on over to Newegg or Tiger Direct or some other direct mailer find that same card and view their price. Beware of imitations close to the same labeling as the one you are looking for. Don't end up with a imitation card with no support or software for (available) driver(s) updates.

Thank you for a clear answer this time.

@FoMoCo63 : yeah. I guess I'll do that.