Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard inserting extra characters

Last response: in Components
November 15, 2010 10:51:41 PM

Hey all,

I am having keyboard issues. It is a labtec wireless keyboard that has previously worked on the computer in question without any drivers. It has been a while since it has been powered up though. Other keyboards work fine, but this particular one will add characters...so far the pattern I have recognized is certain keys when pressed it'll add the character to the right as well. For instance when I press r the screen shows rt
November 15, 2010 10:58:47 PM

Have you tried to clean / blow out your keyboard? You can get dirt buildup within the keyboard, which can cause keys to depress when you press another key.
m
l
November 15, 2010 11:56:13 PM

I tried cleaning it to no avail. Thanks for the tip though, never thought of that
m
l
Related resources
November 16, 2010 12:34:06 AM

The trouble with wireless keyboards is that the batteries in them don’t last for a long time. Have you changed the batteries?
m
l
November 16, 2010 7:26:06 AM

Yes, I put brand new fresh batteries in.
m
l
November 16, 2010 4:57:11 PM

I've even tried the keyboard on another computer, and still functions improperly
m
l
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 10, 2012 10:16:04 PM

I have exactly this problem with my keyboard - maily letters on the left of it. The problem just suddenly appeared one day. Strangely if I unplug it and plug it back in it works fine...
m
l
!