What case should i get?!

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
November 16, 2010 1:16:36 AM

im torn between what case i should get for my new system. its all about cable management reasonably silent fans and roomy easy to use setup. i need something with quality.

i dont even know if i should go mid tower because everytime i do it seems like quality is sacrificed and the companies put all their effort into the full towers.

im looking currently at the following

Antec 902 or 1200 or dark fleet
Cooler master Haf 922 and 932

i also dont like the build up of dust.
and is looks like i need one to be at least 8.0-8.5 inches in width

any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : case

a c 154 ) Power supply
November 16, 2010 1:50:07 AM

At this point, having done builds w/ all but the HAF-X, I'd rank them in this order

DF-85
HAF-X
HAF-932 or 1200

HAF 922 or Antec 902
Antec 900

The biggest thing I think for you will be the dust issue. The 1200 comes w/ dust filters but it takes 5-6 minutes to take them out and clean them.....the task w/ the DF-85 takes seconds. Other things I like about the DF over the HAF are that the DF allows you to use CPX form factor PSU's which is a big advantage. Generally CPX form factor PSU's cost a lot less than their equal quality ATX counterparts and the CPX are quieter. The DF-85 w/ CP-850 is a great bargain offering outstanding performance

Finally, the "tool less" latches in the 932 I find to be a bit annoying. I always have problems w/ the ones for the GFX cards getting them to line up properly.

Both the 932 and DF-85 builds I did this month had 850 watt PSU's 460 GTX SC GFX cards (DF build was SLI) and 120 GB SSD's
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
November 16, 2010 2:12:02 AM

A little bit more expensive, but a positive pressure case with bottom mounted (intake) fans and easy to remove dust screens . . . if you can always get to the right side of the case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Related resources
November 16, 2010 5:09:32 AM

Best answer selected by conan666.
m
l
November 16, 2010 5:09:45 AM

thank you its PERFECT!!
m
l
!