Recovery Console How to add Slipstream Service pack 2

If I have Windows XP, or Windows XP with Service pack 1, ti add the
Recovery Console, all I do was to place cd of Windows and go to i386
directory, I run d:/i385/winnt32.exe /cmdcons.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307654

If I fresh install on Windows XP with service pack 2 (a Microsoft
slipstream CDas of 3/1/05) will the above command still work?

thanks

Hi

Yes - with a slipstreamed XP SP2 CD. You won't be able to use a previous
version XP CD to install the Recovery Console. If you did try it, you will
get an error message.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"David Sherman" <dshermin@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> If I have Windows XP, or Windows XP with Service pack 1, ti add the
> Recovery Console, all I do was to place cd of Windows and go to i386
> directory, I run d:/i385/winnt32.exe /cmdcons.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307654
>
> If I fresh install on Windows XP with service pack 2 (a Microsoft
> slipstream CDas of 3/1/05) will the above command still work?
>
> thanks

Thanks