Whats the Read/Write speeds of a Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM?

Sadtrial

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

Sadtrial

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

BriboCN

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012

Forgive me for dodging the question somewhat. The speeds of the drives are likely to be very similar. However you do not purchase a WD Black Drive for the speed. You purchase it for the reliability and warranty. Seagate drive will have speed and price on its side and WD will have the warranty and likely increased longevity. That is really the only choice to be made between the two.

Sadtrial

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

I might be a little new at this, so forgive me if I interpreted this wrong, but on their website on the WD Caviar Black page it says "Maximum performance.
Sophisticated performance enhancing features deliver the speed you need for demanding applications like photo and video editing and Internet gaming." (http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=760) Along with other points where it talks about speed and performance.

Seagate drives seem to have a LOT more user complants than WD Black drives (DO not get WD green/blue drives, as they are slower and almost as probmatice as Seagate.

Currently only recommend Samsung F3 and WD Black consummer drives.

And Yes 7200 RPM drives perform very simular. If Really looking for performance look at getting an SSD.

Don't take to much stock in "SATA III (6) as this is just a marketing tool. The ONLY advantage of SATA III drives on SATA III port is the very short Burst speed as sustanded throughput is not improved.