Need help understanding 12v rails for graphics card

desmond885

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
I am inserting new graphics card with a 2x molex to pcie x16 6pin connector. When I do this I would like to know, can I use one line of wiring a (rail) which is 12v with two 4 pin peripherals connections on. Or do I have two have two seperate lines (rails) with there own individual 4 pin peripherals on.

I hope somebody understands what I mean.

Any help is appreciated

Made by the worst psu provider in the world ( Deer ) I wouldn't use it for anything, but that's beside the point.
Tri rail units are usually setup with 1 rail for cpu, 1 rail for PCIE and 1 for everything else.
With no pcie connectors on your psu I doubt you have to worry about rail balancing, pick two 4 pin connectors and go.

That low quality pos could take out your entire computer, glad to hear you've decided to upgrade rather than go the adapter route.
I'm in the U.S., don't have any links to UK sites handy, if you want to provide a link I will give you a reccomendation.

markyap73

Reputable
Jul 3, 2014
Hello,
This has proven useful as I am in the process on buying a GTX780Ti to replace my 670. I have G7 850w Extreme and I was wondering if this will be able to handle a 780Ti.... Would I be correct in saying that I should also replace my PSU?