Lowest GB SSD for an Windows 7?

iixwh3l4nxii

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
I just want to get an SSD for maybe 2 applications like photoshop and sony vegas and windows 7 ultimate 64bit

I have a 1TB HDD but I upgrade quite often so I don't want to re-install windows onto it again for my next upgrade to 1155 because i'll loose all my data

so I just want to get a cheap SSD, I don't care much for speed so much, I just want it to at least fairly reliable and decent-ish speed, but what's the lowest GB you would reccomend

I've heard linustechtips talk about how 60GB isnt enough, and causes problems

???

You can do it with 64 GB, it just means you have to carefully manage storage space as you add more programs etc.

A 120/128 GB SSD is much more worry-free in that regard, and will also provide better performance. If you can afford the extra space I would definitely recommend it.

iixwh3l4nxii

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
I was thinking Crucial M4 128GB if that's the case

know anything about it's reliability, I heard also some SSDs slow down the more you fill them up, like really slow down.

It's generally regarded as very reliable. The only SSDs I'd rate higher are ones from Intel and Samsung. It's a good drive, though its performance is no longer impressive.

If you're buying from Newegg I might suggest the 120 GB Samsung 840 instead:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147188

Hmm... well it does have 8 GB less storage space. And it uses about 1W more than the m4 when active (it's going to be idle 99% of the time though, where it actually uses less power than the m4).