New rig, Need approval

Hello

I am building a new PC for my dad, and he will use it for all sort of things, like: Surfing, foto editing, streaming, movies etc.
"Silent" and good, with a decent price is what I am looking for.
Suggestions, or help will be much appreciated.

This is what I have come up with so far:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
Cpu: i5-760
Cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
Gpu: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB
Psu: Corsair VX 450W
Hdd: Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB
Ram: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 4GB CL8
Os: Win 7 Home Premium 64
Case: Antec 300

What do you think about it?
12 answers Last reply
More about approval
  1. That will work. Might be overkill.

    If he isnt gaming then a system with integrated graphics might do what he needs and be much cheaper.
  2. What voltage is the ram?

    Mobo should be the P55A-UD3.
  3. dndhatcher said:
    That will work. Might be overkill.

    If he isnt gaming then a system with integrated graphics might do what he needs and be much cheaper.


    I was thinking about it, but the 5770 is pretty cheap and quite good

    sp12 said:
    What voltage is the ram?

    Mobo should be the P55A-UD3.


    1,65v

    I changed to Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3

    Cheers guys :)

    Edit: I will complete the order on Sunday, so please let me know if you think I should change some more.
  4. Eh how much are you spending on the ram then?
  5. sp12 said:
    Eh how much are you spending on the ram then?


    799NOK (Norwegian Kroner) = 99,63 Euro = 126,51 Dollar
    Link here

    it is probably cheaper where you live, but I cant get 4g dd3 much cheaper here.
  6. If you can 1.5 voltage ram for the same price, go for it, if not that's not a huge issue.
  7. okay here are my two cents :

    Scrap that 5770 and grab a vertex 2 extended, he will use way more the ssd than the graphic card. Just make sure the motherboard you buy has an integrated graphic controller.

    Anyways in this case a graphic card is useless. the ssd will give more than a boost to the response time, the load time and the enjoyments of the applications, rather than a graphic card for no reason.
  8. abswindows7 said:
    okay here are my two cents :

    Scrap that 5770 and grab a vertex 2 extended, he will use way more the ssd than the graphic card. Just make sure the motherboard you buy has an integrated graphic controller.

    Anyways in this case a graphic card is useless. the ssd will give more than a boost to the response time, the load time and the enjoyments of the applications, rather than a graphic card for no reason.


    OK fair enough no dedicated gpu then, but my webshop don't sell vertex so, I will have to go with a Intel X-25M 80g, but that should be fine as well.
    About getting a mobo with integrated graphic controller, tbh I don't know how to see if a mobo got integrated graphics or not (forgive me my lack of knowledge), can someone help me out here?
    I tried the gigabyte website but I didn't get much out if the specs (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3439#sp)
    I've built 3 rigs, but none of them without a dedicated gpu, so I dont have any experience like this.
  9. You AMD get an AM3 motherboard with onboard graphics and an Athlon IIx4. This is the most cost effective way to go, I think, and what I would do in your situation.

    For Intel with onboard you get an H55 or H57 motherboard and one of the i3 or i5 CPU models that has graphics integrated in the CPU.
  10. IDK about ditching the graphics card entirely just do a huge downgrade
  11. dndhatcher said:
    You AMD get an AM3 motherboard with onboard graphics and an Athlon IIx4. This is the most cost effective way to go, I think, and what I would do in your situation.

    For Intel with onboard you get an H55 or H57 motherboard and one of the i3 or i5 CPU models that has graphics integrated in the CPU.


    Ok, i did a new list with the i5 661 (interated graphics).
    The price is pretty much the same as my previous list

    Do you think this will work better:

    Mobo: MSI H57M-ED65, H57
    Cpu: i5-661
    Cpu cooler: Intel Stock
    Optical Drive: Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S223C
    SSD: Corsair SSD Force Series 2,5" 80GB
    Ram: Crucial DDR3 BallistiX 1333MHz 4GB CL7
    Os: Win 7 Home Premium 64
    Case: In-Win BK644 Special Edition Micro Tower, mATX, 300W PSU
  12. Its a tradeoff of losing gaming graphics for gaining an SSD. You could save money going with an AMD Athlon II x4 CPU/AM3 motherboard. The pair would be the same price as just the intel CPU.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems