Any Ideas For Why EVGA 9500gt is flaking out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

david132

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Hi All,
I'm sorry to be a pain about this junk video card. But does anyone have any ideas why the card flakes out on me?

Here's the scenario: I found the shipping invoice from Tiger(dont use anymore....only Newegg) It was Feb. of this year.

Bought it to upgrade Hp Pavilion AMD Athlon x2 4200 64 bit (last time I buy pre-built)(Nvidia chipset). Along with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, 24" monitor, more ram. and a WD 1TB cavier green hard drive (now in my new rig which is in my profile). Okay, so the HP only has a 300w PSU and the card calls for 350w min. But it all installed well and ran great for a month and a half. Didnt have anything higher at the time. Fortunitly the HP has on board grafix in this case. I didnt have another system with PCIE x16 until recently when I built my first rig (ATI chipset). With a 750w PSU (same HD with windows 7, all still set up). With the Crosshair III, I set the BIOS to detect hardware instead of the OP so it ran as it should and not as PnP. All drivers are up to date, and the 9500 ran great (as great as a 9500gt can -I know, not saying much) again for about a month and a half. Ran Modern Warfare 2 at max settings okay. Now the monitor says no signal when I try to boot. So with the BIOS detectiong hardware, it gets that far and stops.

I am in the process of a new video card as was the plan for the new build anyway. I just wasnt ready for it yet financially. I would like to at least get the 9500gt working for a spare.

Is there any fixes that could be done? Or is it a dead issue?

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

david132

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Yah, kinda thought so. Just kinda odd it would go for the same amount of time in 2 differnet machines. Looks like I'll be inquiring as to how to return it tomorrow.
Thanks for your help.

Helltech

Distinguished

The last thing to do is try another card in your PC is you have one and see if you still have problems.

david132

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
It was same card in two diff PC's. I know there isnt anything wrong with the new build. It was reasearched thouroghly. I know its the card. I was jsut wondering if there was anything could be done. Look slike a return is all. No probelm.
Tanks again

david132

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Just to finish this thread off.............
Pulled HS/Fan. As I expected wasnt really dirty. Cleaned thouroughly anyway. cleaned off chip. and botom of heatsink. Treated it as a new processor and re-seated with AS5 for ha ha's. No luck. Think I'll just use it for target practice. Looking at an XFX HD-585X-ZAFC Radeon HD 5850 for a replacement.
Thanks again Helltech for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.