Bought Powercolor 5570 low profile card and wont boot..

vcb003104

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Hey guys, so I recently bought thing display card, (I've been using an on-board card from intel before ) and when I insert the card into the mother and power up, the comp wont boot, won't even go into the bios screen. But the card's fan and the mobo's fans are spinning. It does also have this beep code sequence which is 4-2-3-3 (extended block move) (don't know what that means though...)And when I remove the 5570 and use the on-board, even thing is fine. I'm sure that the card and the psu is fine cuz I try them on with another computer in the shop which I bought my card in. anyway, any suggestions and ideas? thanks. oh btw, I'm using vista home premium, lenovo a55-8706 so thanks guys... PLZ HELP!!

vcb003104

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Thanks guys for all the replys. But apparently I don't think I can disable the onboard in the bios... It only let me choose my preference for which slot the pc use when boot 'igd, pci, ped, agp, auto' and I tried all of them and still have the 4-2-3-3 beep code and still can't het into bios... I'm pretty sure my psu is fine cuz it worked with another comp with the same
Psu and card... So help guys !! Thx

Hmm ... a shot in the dark here, but do you have an Elitegroup (ECS) motherboard? Those are notorious for often having no option to turn off the onboard video in the BIOS. Instead, they use an autodetect feature -- the only problem is, the autodetect never works.

vcb003104

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010

So I found out that I'm using a Phoenix motherboard, what next?? can you teach me how to disable the on-board card?? I tried the bios settings but it didnt work.. thx

1000FPS

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

I dont think Phoenix is a manufacturer of motherboards, Phoenix is the type of your BIOS. Have you made sure that you have plugged the 6 pin power adaptor from your PSU to your Graphics card? And I have had bad experiences with Powercolor cards, just to let you know.

vcb003104

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
ok guys, so far no luluck for me... :(:( but still thx for the replys... the problem do farr is:

Comp won't boot (cant go into bios or post) when Dysplay card is in. But have a beep code which is 4-2-3-3
Cooling fan on the card and cpu is working
Usb ports aren't working. (Mouse and keyboard doesn't have lights)
When I remove the hd 5570 everything is normal

Card doesnt have external power
Card works (tested on other comp)
Psu is enough (although it's 350W, 50w short, still work when i tested on other comp)
Have a Pci-E X16 slot (I know this because A. The card fits in that slot. B. it says beside it on the mobo) But not sure if it is 1.0, 2 or 2,1
Have only 1 pci-e X16 slot
Using Phoenix bios
No idea what mobo I'm using
Tried removing the Rams and exchanging their position and rub the metal bits with a eraser with no luck
Guy at the Powercolor service center said that the change of a conflict of a video card and on board card is very small.

So guys help plz!!! thx

Tamz_msc

Distinguished

Just open the case and look for any marks on the motherboard.You must have kept the box in which the motherboard came or some driver CDs, payment receipts etc.

vcb003104

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010

haha well.. the only thing I know about my comp is that its a lenovo thinkcentre A55 Aj6 8706 model....I can't find and logo or stuff on the mobo ==... thx mate

GrafxExtreme

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
I'm curious if you ever found a solution to this problem?

I have the same problem. Have sent it back twice and dread communicating with customer service.

I don't think it has to do with the motherboard or power. I have GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard and 750 Watt Silver rated power unit with 8gig of ram installed. All I'm getting is what sounds like a straining of the graphic card.

It seems to windup and wind down as if it's struggling to get going. I pull the card and everything works as it should. This is my second one. The first I RMA'd because it was doing something similar.

There's no on board video so that's not the problem either. Monitor won't work without card so I can't do anything in bios, anyway.

Appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

btw: It's not the monitor either. New monitor and monitor works with other computer. I've also tested on other computer's monitor and same results.

vcb003104

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Well thing is.
The first time is due to the problem of the malfunctioning card so I sent it back. Check it in the store. Everything works. Won't back home plug it in. And bang... Nothing happens...
Turns out that Lenovo computers (old ones that is... Well my previous one at least) does not support the 5xxx series card so I swapped for a second hand 4xxx card and everything works like a charm
Not sure about nvidia cards though
Hope it helps!!