Sign in with
Your question

MSI P67A-GD65 motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
July 12, 2011 7:38:29 AM

My hard disk isn't detected on the hard drive detection screen for the Marvell SATA3 controller. It shows "No Hard disk detected error". How to fix this? My windows is booting up fine though. But the hard drive detection screen for the MARVELL SATA3 controller doesn't detect my hard disk
a b V Motherboard
July 12, 2011 9:13:28 AM

Did you attach the hard drive to a Marvell SATA port? Or to an Intel SATA port? The message just says there aren't any drives attached to the Marvell controller.

I know it can be distracting / confusing to see "No disk detected" messages - I got the same message from an ASUS motherboard using a Marvell controller, and it worried me.

I would recommend using the Intel ports first. I'm thinking I will disable the Marvell controller just to get rid of that nasty message :) 
a c 113 V Motherboard
July 12, 2011 9:31:50 PM

Do you have the drivers installed from the manufacturer website for that controller?

Does the drive work in a different input? (make sure it's not the same controller)

Do you have the MAIN chipset driver for the motherboard installed and up to date? (sometimes the main chipset driver, if not installed properly, prevents detection of other chips on the motherboard)
!