keyboard not responding

just loaded UT2004 with latest patch. everything looks good and I can bind
keys etc. but as soon as any game play starts my keyboard and mouse stop
responding (all except for "insert" which I bind to jump). Switching back
to default layout dosen't help. I just went out and bought a new keyboard
and mose too, they didn't help. The only thing unusual about this setup is
that I'm using raid 0+1, yep drivers are loaded. Looks like I'll try a
reinstall next. Any other ideas??
Lyle
5 answers Last reply
More about keyboard responding

    "Lyle Walsh" <walshlgNOSPAM@knologyNOSPAM.net> wrote in message
    > just loaded UT2004 with latest patch. everything looks good and I can
    > bind
    > keys etc. but as soon as any game play starts my keyboard and mouse stop
    > responding (all except for "insert" which I bind to jump). Switching back
    > to default layout dosen't help. I just went out and bought a new keyboard
    > and mose too, they didn't help. The only thing unusual about this setup
    > is
    > that I'm using raid 0+1, yep drivers are loaded. Looks like I'll try a
    > reinstall next. Any other ideas??
    > Lyle

    Definitley there some serious wrong with your keyboard...try turn off
    Windows and restart... check plugged to keyboard / mouse etc etc ...

    I don't think the keyboard is at fault, it is brand new and works fine
    everywhere else, eg I just finished the Holo demo using it. I just hate
    having to reinstall UT2004, lota disks

    > Definitley there some serious wrong with your keyboard...try turn off
    > Windows and restart... check plugged to keyboard / mouse etc etc ...

    You should just be able to re-bind the controls if the keyboard is not at
    fault. Or just load up the "defaults".

    Is this a usb keyboard?

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

    I had the same problem when I downloaded the latest patch. It started when I
    didn't get a Play Disk with my game. While waiting for my disk to get
    here...I downloaded the latest patch that someone suggested so I wouldn't
    have to use the Play Disk.
    I ended up reinstalling and playing with the Play Disk when it came.

    >I don't think the keyboard is at fault, it is brand new and works fine
    > everywhere else, eg I just finished the Holo demo using it. I just hate
    > having to reinstall UT2004, lota disks
    >

    >> Definitley there some serious wrong with your keyboard...try turn off
    >> Windows and restart... check plugged to keyboard / mouse etc etc ...

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    works fine now after I re-installed it. Now getting my butt kicked by bots!
    Lyle

    "Lyle Walsh" <walshlgNOSPAM@knologyNOSPAM.net> wrote in message
    > just loaded UT2004 with latest patch. everything looks good and I can
    > bind
    > keys etc. but as soon as any game play starts my keyboard and mouse stop
    > responding (all except for "insert" which I bind to jump). Switching back
    > to default layout dosen't help. I just went out and bought a new keyboard
    > and mose too, they didn't help. The only thing unusual about this setup
    > is
    > that I'm using raid 0+1, yep drivers are loaded. Looks like I'll try a
    > reinstall next. Any other ideas??
    > Lyle

Games Keyboards Video Games