Solved

ATI CCC will not let me use scaling options to make my image full screen.

Why does ATI CCC not allow me to change my Scaling Options? The check box to allow the option to underscan/overscan is blocked and my image on my monitor is cut off from the edges leaving about a quarter inch around blank.

I did some research and found this thread (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/269310-33-full-screen-windows-radeon-4870-hdmi-mode) and that did not sove the problem so I tried updating and re-installing ATI CCC but nothing seems to help.

What do I need to do?

(Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, HD Radeon4800 1GB DDR3)
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about scaling options make image full screen
  1. Best answer
    change native resolution down and that should allow you to ajust overscan (this was with previous drivers ) ,new driver 10.6 doesn't need that and i'm not sure about HD4800 but give a try it my work for you
  2. Not really sure what I did, but I took your advice and I turned down the resolution until it gave the option for underscan/overscan and played around with it. Then I turned the resolution back up to 1920x1080 and it was shakey and fuzzy, I then reverted it back to the resolution it was at and back again. At this point it was no longer shaky or fuzzy and the underscan/overscan was turned on so I now have full screen at 1920x1080.

Thank you very much
  3. Best answer selected by penman5.
  4. ortoklaz said:
    change native resolution down and that should allow you to ajust overscan (this was with previous drivers ) ,new driver 10.6 doesn't need that and i'm not sure about HD4800 but give a try it my work for you

Hello, I am having this problem with my laptop to monitor as well, and I took your advice but no matter what resolution I change it too, CCC will not let me adjust the underscan/overscan option slider.

Sony VAIO VGN-NW275F
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
    resolution set on 1900x1200
    Viewsonic VX2835WM monitor
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Windows 7 Monitors ATI Graphics