Upgrade memory

I'm trying to upgrade my HP AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad Core Processor 2 Gb, can I add another 2Gb any brand or need to be HP?
3 answers Last reply
More about upgrade memory
  1. Hi cortez1way, Welcome to THW.

Most likely your system memory(Your CPU has really no relation to it) is not HP, they do not make PC memory they use other companies and just install it into their computers.

That said you usally want to buy the same exact brand and model specs of memory when you want to add more to you PC. That means if you cannot get the same brand memory you at least want to get the same speed, latencies, and voltage. All these specs are provided or should be where ever you want to buy the RAM from.

If you can give use the exact model of your PC and the motherboard, we will be able to help you further.
  2. I currently mix two brands (Samsung and Kingston) without any trouble. As long as the specifications of the RAM are the same, you should be OK.
  3. ^thank you, I already explained "That means if you cannot get the same brand memory you at least want to get the same speed, latencies, and voltage". I also am mixing brands.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Quad Core Hewlett Packard Processors Memory