Weird fail issue

devtech8

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
I have a Seagate 2tb st32000542as hdd. Was almost completely full. No clicks or anything and now it won't work. I cannot even get it recognized in the BIOS. I have tried plugging it into other machines and using an EZ-Dock system I have just to see the data long enough to grab it off and put elsewhere. The drive does spin up and as I said, no clicking. Just cannot see anything anywhere. Outside of trying to get it recognized in other machines, I have only done research on options. That said, I was hoping that asking this group would give me ideas on how to at the least, get the data (at least most of it) off of it. Any help is much appreciated.

Any of the recovery methods we could suggest won't be of much help if the drive isn't detected at all. If the data is really important there are labs you could send it to where it will be disassembled in a clean room and data retrieved directly from the platters using special machinery.

devtech8

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
Was kind of thinking that. I had wondered that if there was something in Hiram's cd or even on a linux distro that could help where not seeing it through BIOS wouldn't? Is there anything physically I could do with the drive? Thanks much.