Fans Stop, Screen goes black.

theranrel

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
So I've just built a new computer (first time) and I've encountered a problem when i play Dawn of War 2. When i was playing the other night, occasionally when the fighting got heavy, my fans would cutout in my case (LED's stayed on) and my monitor would go black. My friend next to me would get the "Player X" is lagging message and a few moments later my fans would start-up again and the game would continue from the point that it blacked out. I'm posting this because i have an idea of the problem but I would like more opinions on the matter. As it stands I think that i don't have enough power for the build that i am currently running. These are my specs below:

CPU: i7-930 2.8-GHz 8MB-Cache
MOBO: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
GPU1: MSI N460GTX Cyclone 768D5
GPU1: MSI N460GTX Cyclone 768D5
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 sticks)
Case: Antec Nine hundred Two
Power: Corsair TX950W
HDD: 1TB Hard drive Disc
CD/DVD: LITEON 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer
OverClocking: NONE - This Rig is not being overclocked in any way.

Any help and ideas about this problem would be greatly appreciated. Also suggestions if your sure you know the problem, a solution would also be appreciated.

theranrel

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
Ok so i'm totally at a loss now. Before my monitor would just go Black and the fans would slow down. However i moved my 2nd GPU lower, and away from the first. I thought everything would be ok, but now when it blacks it i get colored lines across my monitor and my system freezes up if i try to back out of the program via ALT+Tab or the windows home button.

This is my first build and i'm totally at a loss, frustrated and have no idea what to do. Help is sorely needed and instructions on how to fix some things... It may be voltage drop like Wamphryi said, but i don't know how to check for that. I've got CPUID running on my PC so i can give you the numbers it gives me for temps and voltage but i don't know what i'm looking for.