Tuniq 120 Tower Extreme fan
I5-750 Processor
F3 Spinpoint 1TB harddrive
4 GB Corsair DDR3 ram
Gigabyte P55A - UD3 P55 R motherboard
Radeon 5850 graphics card
WMP600N wireless adapter.
Asus VH236H monitor

Seeing as how this is my computer, what I want to know is if upgrading from 4 GB of ram to 8 gb is worth it. On top of that, I would like to know if buying a bluray player would be a good idea, or if I should just stick with another $20 optical drive.

Thanks for your help :)

No, 8GB is not going to give you a noticeable boost. I loaded up on RAM last year when it was really cheap (got 8GB for $90!). Anyways, I've run with 4GB and 8GB and there is no noticeable difference.

For the blu-ray question: well, do you need a blu-ray player? I mean, are you going to watch movies on your system?? FYI, newegg has a sweet deal on a blu-ray player for $49. Might as well pick one up if it's that cheap.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=27-106-325&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=100&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=(keywords)&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

whoisme555

Distinguished
May 24, 2010

First of all, you got one hell of a deal on ram... My 4 gigs cost me 110 :(. Would throwing an extra 2 gb make any difference? My computer is by no means slow, I just wasn't sure if 4 gigs was enough.

Of course I don't need a blu-ray player, but I do need a 2nd drive for burning cds/dvds. I just figured that I might as well have blu-ray playing capabilities if I could get it for a reasonable price. What does the blu-ray software cost if I were to buy that $50 drive? Because $50 sounds reasonable enough, the only thing is that I see that it says reader. I'm looking for a drive that can still burn dvds, would that work on that drive?