Another InstaGib CTF aimbot demo...

Cheaters....true or not? Well, here is the proof!

Here is Another InstaGib CTF aimbot demo...Pretty cool to watch.
I was playing Instagib CTF last night, when i noticed that one of my
teammates was.....Godlike!
So i went spec, and I have a demo for you. First half is ok, second half
make sure you hit ESC to make the menu go away, i minimized the game to make
sure that I was really recording the demo. There is a bit of stutter in the
second half, nevertheless, you can see for yourself.
I have two of them, the second later on.
Is there anything that can be done against such players?

More to read about it and get the video at http://www.domclan.com

Enjoy!
5 answers Last reply
More about another instagib aimbot demo

    > Cheaters....true or not? Well, here is the proof!
    >
    > Here is Another InstaGib CTF aimbot demo...Pretty cool to watch.
    > I was playing Instagib CTF last night, when i noticed that one of my
    > teammates was.....Godlike!

    Wow, that was a pretty crazy video.

    > Is there anything that can be done against such players?

    Was the server running AntiTCC? ... Alternatively (and I forgot to
    check, so I honestly don't know), were you playing a custom map that
    possibly might have code to allow aim bots for certain player names?

    Kris

    i dont think it was running antittc.
    there should ne need for this community software, where is the epci games
    now?

    "Kris Vorwerk" <nothanks@noonehere.org> wrote in message
    > > Cheaters....true or not? Well, here is the proof!
    > >
    > > Here is Another InstaGib CTF aimbot demo...Pretty cool to watch.
    > > I was playing Instagib CTF last night, when i noticed that one of my
    > > teammates was.....Godlike!
    >

    > Wow, that was a pretty crazy video.
    >

    > > Is there anything that can be done against such players?
    >
    > Was the server running AntiTCC? ... Alternatively (and I forgot to
    > check, so I honestly don't know), were you playing a custom map that
    > possibly might have code to allow aim bots for certain player names?
    >

    > Kris

    > i dont think it was running antittc.
    > there should ne need for this community software, where is the epci games
    > now?

    I totally agree -- there shouldn't be a need for community-driven anti-
    cheat mechanisms. I think that a "strict" mode should be built into the
    game. (Correct me if this already exists.)

    I think the onus should be on Epic to incorporate better anti-cheating
    mechanisms into their software. At the same time, UT2004 is basically a
    runtime execution engine for user code, and trying to develop a system
    that simultaneously gives users this kind of flexibility *and* still
    prevent cheating is undoubtedly difficult...

    Kris

    >> i dont think it was running antittc.
    >> there should ne need for this community software, where is the epci games
    >> now?
    >

    > I totally agree -- there shouldn't be a need for community-driven anti-
    > cheat mechanisms. I think that a "strict" mode should be built into the
    > game. (Correct me if this already exists.)
    >
    > I think the onus should be on Epic to incorporate better anti-cheating
    > mechanisms into their software. At the same time, UT2004 is basically a
    > runtime execution engine for user code, and trying to develop a system
    > that simultaneously gives users this kind of flexibility *and* still
    > prevent cheating is undoubtedly difficult...
    >

    > Kris

    We had a pretty good round-table discussion on this issue a month or two
    ago. I advanced the same idea as you user, that cheating is rampant but the
    cheaters are doing exactly what you suspect: playing the bots much more
    discreetly. I've kept up with the cheating community and there's a hell of a
    lot of interest for there to be damn few cheaters.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    you guys saw the movie, imagine that guy just idleing the flag, and shootng
    blind. nobody would touch the flag, and that is pretty good defense.
    go out from time to time, jump, dodge just for the hell of it, suicide, no
    killing sprees, no godlikes.....who would know until you hit a protected
    server.
    too bad that these ppl ruin the game for others.
    I posted this on atari forums, of course, somebody from the admins was there
    in less than 15 min to lock up my thread and send me to a forum, read only
    topic that report this and that and we will take action.
    i think that they got their money now, who cares until the next
    release...but this thing is not new, anti cheat mods were only from the
    community since the 1st unreal.
    my 2 cents.

    "goPostal" <none@this.time> wrote in message

    > "Kris Vorwerk" <nothanks@noonehere.org> wrote in message
    > >> i dont think it was running antittc.
    > >> there should ne need for this community software, where is the epci
    games
    > >> now?
    > >

    > > I totally agree -- there shouldn't be a need for community-driven anti-
    > > cheat mechanisms. I think that a "strict" mode should be built into the
    > > game. (Correct me if this already exists.)
    > >
    > > I think the onus should be on Epic to incorporate better anti-cheating
    > > mechanisms into their software. At the same time, UT2004 is basically a
    > > runtime execution engine for user code, and trying to develop a system
    > > that simultaneously gives users this kind of flexibility *and* still
    > > prevent cheating is undoubtedly difficult...
    > >

    > > Kris
    > >

    > We had a pretty good round-table discussion on this issue a month or two
    > ago. I advanced the same idea as you user, that cheating is rampant but
    the
    > cheaters are doing exactly what you suspect: playing the bots much more
    > discreetly. I've kept up with the cheating community and there's a hell of
    > lot of interest for there to be damn few cheaters.

Games Video Games