Sign in with
Your question

How long can this last?

Last response: in Systems
August 28, 2010 7:40:02 PM

I just have some questions regarding my pc. This is the full specs: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/ho/WF06b/12132708-...

I upgraded the psu to an OCZ 500watt PSU
I upgraded the video card to radeon 5770 (1GB)
I upgraded the Ram from 2gb to 4GB

I was wondering if I should sell my 5770 to some guy for 140, and wait a year or so for a new card to come out that is similar to the geforce 460.

Do you think I should sell the computer completely and just build a brand new one that has an i3, 600 watt, and ddr3 capable mobo?

Or should I just keep this pc, get a new case since the HP case is extremely small and crowded, and just upgrade it periodically?

Please tell me what you think I should do and try your best to answer the above questions, thanks!

More about : long

August 29, 2010 1:54:20 AM

The HP Media Center is in a specialized case; it is not possible to replace this case with a generic case and still retain full functionality.

Keep this as is, and go for a new build per your specs.
m
l
August 29, 2010 5:11:01 AM

Ubrales said:
The HP Media Center is in a specialized case; it is not possible to replace this case with a generic case and still retain full functionality.

Keep this as is, and go for a new build per your specs.

I didn't really understand what you meant by build per your specs. But i'm guessing it means to build a brand new pc?
m
l
Related resources
August 29, 2010 3:19:21 PM

Yes! Build a brand new computer to your specs. Keep the HP as a 2nd. computer, or sell/donate it.
m
l
August 30, 2010 12:56:49 AM

Yes, use this computer for as long as you can stand it once Sandy Bridge/Bulldozer come out and then make a new build based on one of those platforms.
m
l
September 1, 2010 10:52:11 PM

Ubrales said:
Yes! Build a brand new computer to your specs. Keep the HP as a 2nd. computer, or sell/donate it.

duk3 said:
Yes, use this computer for as long as you can stand it once Sandy Bridge/Bulldozer come out and then make a new build based on one of those platforms.

Should I trade this PC for a HP tablet laptop + 350 cash? Thats what the guy is offering. He says its 8/10 condition and does not overheat. Should I do it? I'm going to uni so I won't really... be gaming? What do you guys think I should do ?
m
l
September 2, 2010 12:51:37 AM

Sounds like a good deal - keep in mind that used computers have very little resale value. Go for it!
m
l
!